Dragon Gate is back to canceling shows after initially returning to doing shows.
The promotion announced that the April 11 and April 12 shows have been canceled as a result of the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. Below is the following tweet confirming the news.
We regret to announce the cancellation of the following live events, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued understanding.— Dragongate Japan Pro-Wrestling (Official English) (@DragonGateEN) April 2, 2020
4/11 Kimassi Kanazawa
4/12 Messe Wing Mie#dragongate
The promotion also did post a preliminary tour schedule for June, which can be seen below:
- June 1: Chiba, TKP Garden City Chiba
- June 2: Tokyo, Korakuen Hall
- June 6: Fukuoka, Acros Fukuoka
- June 7: Fukuoka, Acros Fukuoka
- June 8: Kagoshima, Orocity Hall
- June 9: Nagasaki, Nagasaki Heiwakan
- June 10: Fukuoka, Kokurakita Gym
- June 13: Shizuoka, Shimizu Marine Building
- June 14: Kyoto, KBS Hall
- June 15: Tottori, Tottori Industry Gym
- June 20: Nagano, Ina Municipal Gym
- June 21: Mie, Iga Yume Dome Ueno
- June 22: Tottori, Yonago Convention Center
- June 27: Hyogo, Kobe Sambo Hall
- June 28: Osaka, Izumi City Plaza
- June 29: Nagano, Mielparque Nagano
Dragon Gate did cancel shows scheduled for mid-March, but returned on March 22 with an empty arena show. The Japanese promotion is the latest to cancel shows once more with AJPW announcing that the 2020 Champion Carnival has been canceled.