Friction between Tyson Fury and WWE Champion Drew McIntyre continues to escalate on social media.
Immediately after Drew McIntyre won the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 36 from Brock Lesnar, Tyson Fury called him out. Since then, both men have gone back and forth trading good-natured barbs, all the while, the bravado of both competitors continues to rise to the surface.
Most recently, Tyson Fury posted a video of himself on social media and Edinburgh, Scotland, proclaiming that he was looking for the WWE Champion. Not too long after that, Drew McIntyre would fire back, letting Fury know that he is from Ayr, Scotland and that once the pandemic is over, he would be more than happy to meet him like a man.
1. I’m from Ayr— Drew McIntyre (@DMcIntyreWWE) September 8, 2020
2. There’s a pandemic. The moment I can come home for my World Title tour we'll talk in person
3. You’re still a big stiff idiot
4. Stop using filters you weirdo
5. Do you want me to start paying rent? It’s unfair I live in your head for free https://t.co/QedFjIK2ua
Tyson Fury has only appeared on a WWE card and that happened when he wrestled Braun Strowman at WWE Super ShowDown 2019. That was less than a year ago and in the time since then, the landscape of WWE has changed dramatically due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. At the time, Brock Lesnar fought Cain Velasquez over the WWE Championship that Drew McIntyre now holds. Both of those men are currently no longer under contract with WWE.
There's no question that McIntyre and Fury want to fight one another. Now, it just appears to be a matter of circumstances allowing the fight to occur.