Here is your post-SmackDown fight size update for Friday, July 2, 2021.
- Edge opened SmackDown and explained why he is so confident that he can beat Roman Reigns at Money in the Bank. The Rated R Superstar noted that he would have won at WrestleMania if it hadn't been for Daniel Bryan and Jey Uso getting in his way. He also showed an image of himself applying a crossface to Reigns. Edge highlighted their eyes and pointed out how Roman's were filled with fear.
- Since losing his crown, Baron Corbin has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in investments and has been having an all-around bad week. Things got worse on SmackDown as he ate the pin in his tag team match after getting distracted by a video of his car being towed away.
- Bianca Belair challenged Bayley to an I Quit Match at Money in the Bank. The SmackDown Women's Champion is tired of Bayley always making excuses and continually getting title opportunities. Bayley didn't hesitate in accepting, saying that she has never quit anything her entire life. This will be the third consecutive PPV in which Bayley and Belair have faced off.
- With his brother and Roman Reigns nowhere to be found, Jimmy Uso vowed to call out Edge and defend his family as a show of respect for The Tribal Chief.
- After hitting three consecutive powerbombs on the outside of the ring, Kevin Owens defeated Sami Zayn in their Last Man Standing match to qualify for the upcoming Men's Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Sonya Deville announced Zelina Vega for the Women's Money in the Bank match. The addition of the returning Superstar brought out Liv Morgan who questioned what she has to do to be added to the match. She would continue on to challenge and defeat Zelina, picking up the win for the second straight week.
- Seth Rollins was not pleased about Edge being given a Universal Title shot, so he visited Sonya Deville and Adam Pearce to vent his frustrations. Instead, they told him that he would face Cesaro next week in a qualifying match for Money in the Bank.
Later in the night, it was also revealed that Shinsuke Nakamura and Baron Corbin will also do battle next week for the final spot in the June 18th ladder match.
- Alpha Academy's Otis continued his dominance over The Street Profits, picking up a win over Angelo Dawkins on SmackDown.
- Jimmy Uso closed the show by calling out Edge, but his plan backfired miserably. Edge not only called Jimmy out for falling into the same trap as his brother but then proceeded to attack and beat him mercilessly, sending a message to Roman ahead of their showdown at Money in the Bank.
If you missed anything from SmackDown, check out Fightful's live coverage for a more detailed breakdown of the action. Also, you can watch our post-show review with Sean Ross Sapp and Robert DeFelice.