Here is your fight size update for Thursday, February 18, 2021:
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, WWE Royal Rumble winner Edge discusses the differences between all of his three options for potential WrestleMania opponents.
“You need to start with Finn Bálor,” Copeland says. “He’s operating on an entirely different level in the ring right now than I’ve ever seen him perform. I love what he’s doing. With Finn, the story would be two guys who have wrestled all over the world, but never been in the same place at the same time. That’s very appealing to me.
“Drew, he’s taken such a rocky road to get where he is, but he fought through everything to get here. A character like Edge would really respect Drew, so that type of match would be a different story and emotion, one based on mutual respect and who is the better man.”
“Roman has really found his groove,” Copeland says. “This is the guy I always knew he was. The handcuffs have been taken off, he’s being allowed to let this side out. Now you can see it and you can feel it. Knowing the kind of story we could create, I salivate over that. So look all those three options. I’m in a position where I feel like I can’t go wrong.”
Previously, Edge stated that he will wait until after this Sunday's WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view to make his decision.
- Speaking with Inside The Ropes, ODB reflected on what she wants her legacy to be.
Oh, boy, I just want to be known as like – I was a character and I was smart, I was a worker, I was a true worker. Like, I knew my weaknesses, I knew my strengths, and I did it, and I was always a little diamond in the rough and it worked out. I mean, I expanded my brand and do frickin’ BBQ World. I’ve got a food truck. I’ve got a lot of stuff going on because of my ODB brand and I kept true to myself.
Yeah, I would love people for, to say, ’You know what? ODB kept true to herself, she did her own thing,’ and TNA let me be me and that was frickin’ badass, and no other company would have let me do that at all.’”
- Matt Cardona shared some never-released WCW action figures including John Tenta as the shark and the Renegade, the knock-off Ultimate Warrior concept.
- Charlotte Flair is set to appear on Straight Up Steve Austin Season 2. USA Network has announced that Charlotte’s episode will air on Monday, March 8.
- During last night's MLW Fusion, an advertisement aired for Azteca Undergroud promising opportunities for believers in the Underground. While nothing is confirmed, strong parallels can be drawn to Lucha Underground, which also called its fans, believers.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $47.27 per share.
- During her Oral Sessions podcast, Renee Paquette and her husband, Jon Moxley, took a relationship quiz. Watch the full video below.
- WWE shop now has an MSK t-shirt available for pre-order.
- Speaking with Ryan Satin of FOX Sports, Dakota Kai opened up about her pairing with Raquel Gonzales.
“Gosh, when she was first paired with me, I was so, so happy. Because Raquel is one of the hardest working but also one of the loveliest people in the locker room. She was at the Performance Center longer than I was, and a lot of us were just super happy for her that she finally got this opportunity to present herself on the main stage. Throughout the past year, her confidence has grown so much. Like, the competitor she was back then to now is night and day.”
She continued, “Not only her confidence, but she looks amazing. Her physique is just ridiculously insane. She’s got delts for days. Delts for days! Put that on a shirt.
“She tells me that with my experience in wrestling, I’ve really helped her, but she’s helped me, too. We’ve sort of lifted each other up, and our confidence has just grown, and the dynamic that we have works well for us. We get compared to HBK and Diesel a lot. So, yeah. It’s really working out for us.”
- Check out the top 10 moments from this week's NXT at this link.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.