Ember Moon: Triple H Was The First Person I Contacted After Being Cleared

Ember Moon thought her career was over after an Achillies injury in September 2019. Moon sat on the sidelines until September 2020 and previously stated that if she underwent a second surgery, she would not have been able to return.

Fortunately, she made a return to the ring and a return to NXT.

NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam Results (7/25): Shingo Takagi Battles Hiroshi Tanahashi In The Main Event

"I started just looking and I was like, I don't know if I fit in on RAW, I don't know if I fit in on SmackDown - but NXT that's someplace I fit in," she told GiveMeSport. "So I went and I had a meeting and I just told him [Triple H] how I felt. And he was just like, 'Okay, if this is something you really want to do, F-yeah, I would love to have you back. But we got to see, because we all know that they really love you up there."

After finding out she would be cleared, Triple H was the first call she made.

"Honestly, the first phone call I made, it wasn't to my husband, it wasn't to any of my friends - It was to Triple H. I got a text from Triple H saying welcome home, we got you back. And I was like, 'Yes, I'm coming back baby,' and so I ended up staying an extra week filming all these vignettes because they asked what do you want to do?" she said.

Moon officially returned at NXT TakeOver 31.

She is currently one-half of the NXT Women's Tag Team Champions alongside Shotzi Blackheart. She and Shotzi are scheduled to defend their NXT Women's Tag Team Titles against Jessi Kamea & Aliyah on the March 24 episode of NXT.

Fightful will have live coverage of NXT beginning at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web