Adam Cole's WWE Contact Expires August 27

Adam Cole lost his NXT Takeover 36 match to Kyle O'Reilly Sunday night, two falls to one.

His deal is set to expire very soon, after he signed a short-term extension in July. WWE sources indicated to Fightful that as of the morning of Takeover, Adam Cole had not signed a new WWE contract beyond his short-term extension. Cole has met with Vince McMahon in recent weeks, and there have been main roster pitches for him over the course of the last month.

Triple H Says He Is Recovering And Doing Well Following Cardiac Event

Fightful has also learned that Cole's current WWE contract (with the short-term extension) is actually up on Friday, August 27. We've been told by WWE sources that they expect another offer within the company to come Cole's way this week.

We have a several people asking about whether or not the Mattel video advertised by WWE and streamed tonight was an indicator that Adam Cole was staying. Fightful confirmed with WWE sources that he and Johnny Gargano actually filmed a few weeks ago, well before his contract expiration and is no indication one way or another of his future plans.

This article first appeared on our premium service, Fightful Select. Subscribe to get exclusive news every day, and a half-dozen weekly podcasts.

To directly support us and our continuing breaking news, interviews, and the like, subscribe to FightfulSelect.com. You'll get exclusive news sent to you directly before anyone else, and dozens of podcasts monthly including Alex Pawlowski's Sour Graps, Sean Ross Sapp's Q&A, Retro Reviews and more

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web