Details Behind MLW Departures Of Dominic Garrini And Kevin Ku

We have an update on a couple of MLW contracts that rapidly changed.

Recently, Fightful reported that Dom Garrini's multi-year deal that he'd signed in 2019 actually extended into 2022, leaving him with a year remaining on his deal. That has already changed, as PWInsider reported Garrini and Kevin Ku have procured their releases. Fightful has learned that creatively MLW didn't have anything for Garrini and Kevin Ku after Tom Lawlor exited the company, and Garrini had some healt issues prior. Since then, Garrini and Ku approached Major League Wrestling to procure their releases from the company, which we're told weren't actually effective until January 13, but the release was agreed to in late December and MLW has been fine with them pursuing other things in the interim. We're told that the agreement is mutual between MLW and Violence is Forever, and it doesn't appear there is any ill will between the two sides. It was expected on MLW's side that the two would appear on AEW tapings in Cleveland in some capacity.

Otis Loses Hot Dog Eating Contest, Red, White And Blew Chunks On The July 4 WWE Raw

Garrini and Ku were on exclusive pay-per-appearance deals with Major League Wrestling.

This article first appeared on our premium service, Fightful Select. Subscribe to get exclusive news every day, and a half-dozen weekly podcasts.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web