Daniel Bryan will be staying with WWE according to a source of Fightful's.
Daniel Bryan's WWE contract is due to end in September and because of the growth in professional wrestling around the world and his long absence from wrestling before this year his relationship with WWE was being questioned.
The source, Ticket Drew has broke a few stories recently and confirmed the Bryan report in this tweet, and provided Fightful with the information, saying that he'd signed a two-year deal (this was later clarified to reflect a three-month extension with two years on the table.
Bryan is a done deal. #WWE— 17ABay -- (@TicketDrew) July 15, 2018
Bryan is a done deal. #WWE
— 17ABay -- (@TicketDrew) July 15, 2018
This week in an interview, Bryan said he was likely to stay with WWE because his wife worked there and he liked the company.
On Sunday, Fightful Wrestling's Sean Ross Sapp learned followed up by tweeting that Bryan has agreed to a two-year deal with WWE, without creative control as some speculated.
The same source that sent me the Brock Lesnar news last week says that both Hogan and Daniel Bryan have reached new WWE deals— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) July 15, 2018
The same source that sent me the Brock Lesnar news last week says that both Hogan and Daniel Bryan have reached new WWE deals
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) July 15, 2018
Fightful Wrestling has reached out to WWE for comment on Bryan. They did not reply.
Following Sunday's WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view that saw Bryan lose in his tag team title efforts, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer refuted the report, saying that nothing had changed.
Daniel Bryan hasn't signed. Nothing has changed.— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) July 16, 2018
Daniel Bryan hasn't signed. Nothing has changed.
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) July 16, 2018
Fightful Wrestling will have live coverage and a recapping podcast for Extreme Rules and will continue to report on Daniel Bryan's WWE career status.
View the discussion thread.