Each year WWE produces their own video highlighting statistics and figures from the iconic Royal Rumble match, and we have taken it a step further.
Below are dozens of stats and facts on the Royal Rumble:
The Big Red Machine
* 2012 saw Kane's long streak of Royal Rumble match appearances end.
* Kane has appeared in 19 Royal Rumbles, a record. This does not include mini-Royal Rumbles on Raw/WWE TV. Goldust is second at a distant 13. The only person who looks like they can threaten the record is Kofi Kingston, who will be in his 12th in 2019.
* In 2014, he tied the all-time eliminations record, originally held by Shawn Michaels. WWE's official website listed several different numbers for both competitors, but in 2015, Kane broke that record.
* Kane has appeared on every Royal Rumble pay-per view since 1996, including a couple of appearances as Isaac Yankem DDS and a Fake Diesel character.
* WWE doesn't count Kane's 1996 elimination of Fatu, as he performed under the Isaac Yankem DDS persona, but they do count the fact that he was in the match.
* Mick Foley has been in the Royal Rumble under 4 personas (Mick Foley, Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack), Rikishi as 3 (Fatu, The Sultan, Rikishi), and Kane as 3 (Isaac Yankem, Diesel, Kane)
* The Godfather was in the Royal Rumble under five gimmicks (Papa Shango, The Supreme Fighting Machine Kama, Kama Mustafa, The Godfather, and The Goodfather).
* The Godfather's first Royal Rumble was in 1993 as Papa Shango; his last was 20 years later, under the Godfather persona.
* Scott Hall was never in a Royal Rumble Match, but did win a WCW World War 3 match. Also, an impostor Razor Ramon, Rick Bognar, was in the 1997 Rumble match.
Giving And Taking From The Competition
* Despite WCW going out of business in 2001, every Royal Rumble since has featured a former WCW Champion or holder of the "Big Gold Belt."
* 14 of the 30 entrants in the 2004 Royal Rumble went on to work for TNA. On the contrary, only 3 entrants in the 2005 Rumble would go on to get full time contracts from TNA, with another being an agent.
* Only 3 participants of the 2016 Royal Rumble wrestled for TNA before the show.
* 22 of the 30 entrants in the 1992 Royal Rumble would go on to work for WCW.
* Hulk Hogan is the only man to win the Royal Rumble while holding the WWE title.
* The 2016 Royal Rumble featured former WWE, WWF, WCW, World Heavyweight, ECW, NWA, TNA, IWGP Heavyweight, ROH World, NCAA, PWG, IGF, UFC, CMLL. and AAA Mega Champions.
* Every standard Royal Rumble has been won by an eventual or former WWE/WCW Champion or Hall of Famer, outside of 2018
* From 2005 to 2010, the last wrestler eliminated from the Royal Rumble went on to also have a world title match at Wrestlemania.
* Before John Cena in 2013, the last time a Royal Rumble winner challenged for the WWE title at Wrestlemania and won was Brock Lesnar in 2003.
* The 2008-2011 streak of Royal Rumble winners failing to win their respective titles at WrestleMania was the longest in history. In all, only 2 Royal Rumble winners since 2008 have went to WrestleMania and won a title match.
Luck Of The Draw
* Ted Dibiase drew #30 in the 1989 Royal Rumble, and #1 in the 1990 Royal Rumble. He was given that punishment for "buying" the number in 1989.
* The only Superstars to win a 30 man Rumble to draw a number between 9 and 21 was Shawn Michaels in 1996, John Cena from #19 in 2013, and Roman Reigns from #19 in 2015.
* The Number 1 and 2 entrants have won the Royal Rumble four times.
* The Undertaker has drawn number 30 three times.
* Eddie Guerrero "stole" Ric Flair's number in 2005, but ended up picking #1, and Flair got Guerrero's number 30.
* Shawn Michaels has eliminated Marty Jannetty, Diesel, and Triple H from Royal Rumble matches—all former tag team partners of Michaels'.
* Michaels eliminated Shelton Benjamin from three consecutive Royal Rumble matches.
* Shawn Michaels participated in Royal Rumble matches in the 80's, 90's, 2000's and 2010's. Jim Duggan also matched that feat.
By The Numbers
* Chris Jericho has spent over five hours in the Royal Rumble. Triple H is at 3 hours, 59 minutes, more than an hour less at second place. A surprising entry in the three hour club? Cody Rhodes, at 3:08:30.
* Roman Reigns has eliminated 26 participants from the Royal Rumble.
* The 2014 Royal Rumble match saw its 300th different superstar enter the match.
* 98 percent of the names that have entered haven't won the match.
* It took more men to eliminate Viscera (eight in 2007) than any other Royal Rumble participant in history, breaking his own record from 1994, when it took 7.
* 15 wrestlers lasted ten seconds or less in Royal Rumble matches.
* 19 different Royal Rumble spots have won, but only 17 in standard-size Royal Rumble matches.
* Vince McMahon is the oldest Royal Rumble winner (1999) at 53 years old. Brock Lesnar's 2003 win made him the youngest at 25, breaking Yokozuna's record (26).
* Roman Reigns is the only person under 35 years old to win a standard WWE Royal Rumble since 2013.
* Batista won the Royal Rumble twice from the #28 slot.
* 21 of the 32 winners entered at 22 or later. (Not including GRR)
* Daniel Bryan (GRR), Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Bob Backlund and Ric Flair have all lasted over an hour. Roman Reigns missed the mark by ten seconds in 2016.
* Batista won the 2014 Royal Rumble and left the WWE later that year, the first time that happened since Big John Studd in 1989.
* The Royal Rumble winner has challenged for a Smackdown title every time since the 2016 brand split.
* All three women who have been in the men's Royal Rumble match (Kharma, Beth Phoenix and Chyna) have eliminated male opponents.
* Jerry Lawler, Booker T, Michael Cole and JBL have all entered the Royal Rumble while serving as announcers.
* Randy Savage (1991), Bastion Booger (1994), Skull (1998), Spike Dudley (2004), Scotty Too Hotty (2005), Hornswogggle (2008), and Curtis Axel (2015) all weren't actually eliminated from Royal Rumbles.
* Mosh (1999), Lo Down (2001), Test (2004), Nunzio (2005), and Tye Dillinger (2018) were all replaced in the Royal Rumble Match.
* No American wrestler won the Royal Rumble from 2010-2012.
* Wrestlers from the USA, Japan, Canada, Ireland and Mexico have won the Royal Rumble.
* Since 2010, five international wrestlers have won the Royal Rumble.
Rules Are Made To Be Broken...Or Changed
* Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Bob Holly were thrown over the top rope by Vader in 1996 (who had already eliminated), but it was disallowed, one of the only times that rule was enforced.
* CM Punk's last appearance was at the 2014 Royal Rumble, where Kane illegally eliminated him.
* Royal Rumble entrants have entered at intervals of 60, 90, and 120 seconds throughout the history of the Rumble. In the "tag team rumble" on Raw in 1998, the intervals were 30 seconds.
* 1988 was the only Royal Rumble to feature 20 superstars.
* Royal Rumble 1996 was the first to feature entrance music for all wrestlers.
* John Cena lasted just over 22 minutes in the 2010 Royal Rumble, which was the longest that year. The year before, ten superstars lasted longer.
* 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel was slated to be in the 1996 Royal Rumble, and was pulled due to injury. He still had a WWF Title match with Bret 'The Hitman' Hart on a Jaunuary 1996 episode of 'WWF Mania.' He injured himself after the match.
* Doink the Clown was advertised for the 1996 Royal Rumble match, but didn't appear.
* Despite spending 48 minutes in the 1996 Royal Rumble, Triple H didn't eliminate any opponents.
* Shelton Benjamin was eliminated by a who's who of wrestling: Randy Orton, Edge, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, John Cena and Shawn Michaels three times. He was also eliminated by Kurt Angle in a Smackdown Royal Rumble.
* Neither of the Dudley Boyz participated in a Royal Rumble match until Bubba Ray Dudley in 2015.
* Andre the Giant (1989) , Randy Savage (1992), Ahmed Johnson (1997), Mil Mascaras (1997), Faarooq (1997), Drew Carey (2001), Kane (1999), Mick Foley (2004) and MVP (2010) all eliminated themselves from the Royal Rumble.
* Bob Backlund (1993), Chris Jericho (2017) and Triple H (2006) both lasted over an hour in the Rumble match and didn't win.
* The only years that no competitor eliminated at least 6 Superstars were 2005, 2013, 2016 and 2018 (both matches). However, Edge and Batista both eliminated 5 each in '05, and Sheamus and Ryback eliminated 5 in 2013. Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman tossed 5 each in 2016.
* WWE held a minis-Royal Rumble in 2008, which Hornswoggle won.
* Kane and Mankind won a 1998 tag team top contender Royal Rumble that barely went ten minutes.
* Owen Hart won a Royal Rumble that was never actually televised. In 1994, WWE ran a full 30-man Royal Rumble match at Madison Square Garden. Owen last eliminated Shawn Michaels to win the match, which also featured the likes of Diesel, Scott Steiner, Bob Backlund, Sgt. Slaughter, Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart, 1-2-3 Kid, and others.
* Chyna won a "Corporate Royal Rumble" for the 30th spot in the 1999 Rumble
* Jerry Lawler won a 7-man Rumble on Raw in 2011 to get a WWE Title shot at Elimination Chamber.
* Eddie Guerrero emerged victorious in a 15-man Smackdown Rumble in 2004 to face Brock Lesnar at No Way Out for the WWE title.
* The 16-active competitors in the tag team Royal Rumble match were the most in any type of Rumble match.
Women's Royal Rumble Records
(All stats reflect women's Rumbles only)
* Michelle McCool holds the all-time eliminations record with five. She also eliminated everyone who entered between number 10-13.
* It took six opponents to eliminate Nia Jax in 2018, a record.
* Sasha Banks' 54:46 is the current Iron Woman time.
* Vickie Guerrero lasted the least amount of time in a Royal Rumble, at 54 seconds. She's thus far the only competitor to last less than a minute.
* Beth Phoenix is the only woman to compete in men's and women's Royal Rumble matches.
* Asuka won The 2018 Royal Rumble from the #25 spot.
* Wrestlers born in America, Australia, Japan, Canada have been represented in the Royal Rumble
* Four WWE Hall of Famers have appeared in women's Royal Rumble matches.
* Beth Phoenix and Chyna currently hold the record, having been in two Royal Rumble matches. That record will be tied by a number of women this year.
GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE STATS
* Braun Strowman set a Royal Rumble record by eliminating 13 entrants in a Royal Rumble
* 28 entrants eliminated nobody, a new Royal Rumble record.
* With Chris Jericho entering at number 50, he's the latest Royal Rumble entrant of all-time.
* Chris Jericho passed the five hour mark in Royal Rumble matches, the most ever.
* The three Royal Rumbles in 2018 are the most of any year, as many have had two.
Outsiders and old-timers
* Mark Henry and Kurt Angle were the only WWE Hall of Famers in the Greatest Royal Rumble.
* Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho both have appeared in Royal Rumbles and for New Japan Pro Wrestling this year.
* NXT had four representatives in the Greatest Royal Rumble -- Roderick Strong, Tucker Knight, Dan Matha and Babatude.
* Dan Matha, Knight, Babatunde and Hiroki Sumi had their first main roster matches at the Greatest Royal Rumble.
* Tony Nese and Drew Gulak were the only members of 205 Live in the Greatest Royal Rumble.
* Mike Kanellis had the shortest Greatest Royal Rumble time, at 2.5 seconds.
* Of the three former Cruiserweight Champions in the Greatest Royal Rumble (Hornswoggle, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio), none have wrestled on 205 Live.
* The average time between entrants was 77 seconds, with the lowest right at 60 seconds.
* Braun Strowman eliminated members of Raw, Smackdown, NXT, and a free agent in Great Khali.
* Nine former WCW, WWF, WWE, IWGP Heavyweight Universal and World Heavyweight champions were in the Greatest Royal Rumble, nowhere near the previous record, which is 16 in several other Rumbles