NXT is moving nights, and had a meeting backstage at the March 31 show to discuss things.
News of the meeting was broken by Wrestling Observer, who recounted the happenings. However, as of today, at least ten wrestlers have reached out to specify what exactly happened and what was said at the meetings.
Fightful reached out to several wrestlers and members of the staff, who vehemently denied that Triple H said anything resembling that they were "bullied" off of Wednesday nights as reported. Instead, we were told that Triple H focused heavily on the reasons for the move to Tuesday nights, telling the NXT roster that going on a night after Raw was a good thing for the brand. Triple H said that the move had been in the works for a while, which we've been told is true, as USA felt this out as far back as last year. HHH also said that there are a lot of opportunities with the replay being on Peacock, and he hopes that people focus more on the show than the viewership now that the change is happening.
Dave Meltzer corrected his original recounting on Twitter, noting that two people reached out to say the "bully" line didn't happen.
NXT debuts on Tuesday nights on April 13, and a replay will be available on Peacock the following day.
This article first appeared on our premium service, Fightful Select. Subscribe to get exclusive news every day, and a half-dozen weekly podcasts. It also appeared in our Fightful Wrestling Weekly newsletter, free on Fightful.
To directly support us and our continuing breaking news, interviews, and the like, subscribe to FightfulSelect.com. You'll get exclusive news sent to you directly before anyone else, and dozens of podcasts monthly including Alex Pawlowski's Sour Graps, Sean Ross Sapp's Q&A, Retro Reviews and more