Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the morning of April 30th, 2018.
- The "Belt Collector" Austin Aries has lost one of his championships. Yesterday at 'Defiant Wrestling's 'No Regrets' show Austin Aries was defeated by Rampage Brown and lost the Defiant Championship. Aries still is the holder of the DEFY, IPW:UK World, IMPACT World, IMPACT Grand, and WSW Heavyweight Championships.
- The following is video from NJPW's YouTube channel that features a post-match highlight from the tranquilo Tetsuya Naito.
- NJPW announced via Twitter that will begin broadcasting live in France.
- During a recent edition of the 'Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast' Sam Roberts & Peter Rosenberg discussed and analyzed the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' event that took place this past Friday. During their conversation they both touched on WWE superstars who constantly check their social media after matches and just in general to read what the public has to say about them.
Rosenberg: “We live in a world now where people say negative stuff all the time. Wrestlers deal with it all the time. We know, from getting to be around, how much there are certain people who are really affected by what people say. There are people whose matches end and they’re sitting there on Twitter and you can see they’re scrolling through right away to see what people think.”
Roberts: “I’ll never say who but there are certain giant stars in the WWE, in popularity, that have Twitter alerts; like the tweets come up on their phone on the lock screen, and I’m like ‘I can’t believe that.’ I don’t know, it could be just verified, it might be. I hope it’s just verified people. It must just be verified people because the phone would never stop. But I saw somebody’s phone just going crazy with... And I’m like... it just seems torturous. It doesn’t seem like there could be anything constructive to come out of this.”
- During Saturday night's 'V3 Fights 68' Brian Hall & Jeremy Rogers clashed in the octagon and in a unique finish to their fight Hall hit a "Coup de Grâce" onto Rogers which led to the official calling off the fight and declaring it a "no contest".
- Former World Heavyweight Champion Jack Hager called out the 'Universal Championship Wrestling' promotion on Twitter recently calling the owner a "conman" and telling fans not to support the promotion and for wrestlers not to work with the owner.
- Big Van Vader shared another health update after visiting the doctor and things are not going so smooth.
- CNN is reporting that the film featuring former 4-time World Heavyweight Champion Dave Bautista, the 'Avengers: Infinity War' has set an all time record for the biggest grossing opening weekend in box office history. The new film reeled in a total of $630 million in its opening weekend.