Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the evening of June 9th, 2018.
- Today in the main event of NJPW's 'Dominion' event Kenny Omega captured the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and in-doing so ended Kazuchika Okada's 720-day reign as champion. Following the match Kenny's good friends The Young Bucks and Kota Ibushi embraced him as Kenny finally climbed to the top of the New Japan mountain. In the post-'Dominion' press conference Kenny announced that along with Kota Ibushi and The Young Bucks, the four of them were going to be starting their own faction entitled 'The Golden Elite' and immediately after the announcement was made shirts were already available to purchase.
- It was announced two days ago that former 10-time World Lightweight Champion and British wrestling legend Johnny Saint will be the general manager of WWE's United Kingdom brand. WWE.com published an article that featured a number of tweets from wrestlers and figures who hail from the U.K. that are very familiar with Johnny Saint and they all feel that he will do a tremendous job as GM.
- The lineup for WWE Network shows next week are as followed:
Following Raw, It will be a new episode of "WWE Photo Shoot" with Goldust.
At 10 PM Eastern, It will be a brand-new "205 Live" featuring six man tag action with Lucha House Party (Gran Metallik, Lince Dorado and Kalisto) versus Jack Gallagher, Brian Kendrick and Drew Gulak. Also, at 11 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new edition of "WWE Marquee Matches" featuring the Smackdown Money in the Bank Match from 2011 where Daniel Bryan wins the briefcase.
At 8 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new "WWE NXT" which will feature the following:
Kyle O'Reilly challenges Pete Dunne for the WWE UK Championship
NXT Champion Aleister Black addresses the crowd
On-demand, there will be a brand-new "Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard" focusing on AJ Styles
At 9 PM Eastern, it will be brand new "WWE Marquee Matches" featuring the 2014 Money in the Bank Match where Seth Rollins captures the briefcase.
At 8 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new "WWE Marquee Matches" featuring the 2017 male Money in the Bank match where Baron Corbin gained the briefcase.
At 8 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new "This Week in WWE".
At 7:30 PM Eastern , it will be the "NXT Takeover: Chicago II" preshow. This will be followed by the show proper at 8 PM Eastern with a runtime of two and half hours allotted.
At 6 PM Eastern, it will be the 2018 "Money in the Bank" Kickoff.. This will be followed by the show proper at 7 PM Eastern which has an allotted runtime on the network schedule of three and half hours. At 10:30 PM Eastern, it will be the "Money in the Bank" Post Show. At 11 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new "WWE 24" focusing on the Hardy Boyz.
- Current NXT talent Steffanie Newell has undergone yet another name change. On WWE's new Performance Center website she is listed as 'Tegan Nox'. When Nox was first signed to WWE it was as 'Nixon Newell', then she took on her real name which is 'Steffanie Newell'. Now, the NXT upstart will be known as 'Tegan Nox'.
- WWE recently announced that "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey will be heading overseas with the company come November for their overseas tour.
- A veteran Cricket player attempted to best former World Heavyweight Champion The Great Khali in a game of arm-wrestling.
- During an interview with Sports Illustrated WWE Executive Triple H revealed a few of the recent Performance Center signees. One of the PC talents that were named was Daniel Vidot. Vidot hails from Australian and is a former professional Rugby player and during an interview with his home-country media publication 'Triple M' he confirmed that he has indeed been signed to WWE.
- Natalya wrote an article for 'The London Free Press' where she went in-detail about living her best life.