Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the morning of April 16th, 2018.
- Last night, the news broke that after six years of being in a relationship with one another John Cena & Nikki Bella decided to call it quits on their engagement and their relationship. A few moments after the news went viral, the former 16-time WWE World Champion shared a post in response to the news on his official Instagram page.
- The current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay shared some inspirational words that he once received from the "Ace Of The Universe" Hiroshi Tanahashi.
- "The Pirate Princess" Kairi Sane showed respect for the former 4-time RAW Women's Champion Sasha Banks noting that Banks has her respect and that she looks up to "The Boss".
- The WWE Network schedule for this week has been released and here's whats on tap on the network for the week of April 16th:
"Monday following Raw, it will be a new episode of “WWE Ride Along” featuring tandems The New Day along with Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin
Tuesday at 10 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new “205 Live” which will feature Lince Dorado and Gran Metallik versus Hideo Itami and Akira Tozawa in a Tornado Tag Team Match.
Wednesday at 8 PM, it will be a brand-new “WWE NXT” which will feature:
Killian Dain versus Lars Sullivan In a No Disqualification Match
Johnny Gargano returns to Full Sail University
Thursday at 8 PM Eastern, It will be the debut of “WWE Collections Spotlight” featuring looks at Collections focused on Andre the Giant, Alexa Bliss and Finn Balor.
The “Flashback Friday” theme for this week was supposed to be “April”s Other Big Events”. And I say supposed to be because it seems like they’ve abandoned that concept and just put replays of this week’s NXT, Ride Along, WWE Collection Spotlight, Wrestlemania Greatest Moments Special, Photo Shoot with Kofi Kingston and WWE 24: Raw 25.
It will be interesting to see if the “Flashback Friday” concept has been scrapped or they just have decided switch up the plans
Saturday at 3 PM Eastern, it will be “This Week in WWE”
Interestingly enough at 5 PM Eastern, the USA Network one hour 2018 WWE Hall of Fame special will debut on the WWE Network"
- The Journal Gazette has an article published about WWE Hall Of Famer Mark Henry putting in efforts to further promote anti-bullying.
- In wake of "The Empress Of Tomorrow" Asuka having her undefeated streak broken at WrestleMania 34, WWE.com released a list of streaks that have completely shocked the wrestling world.
- With the WWE 'Superstar Shake-Up' on the horizon there is no telling what superstars will be a part of what brand by the end of this week. "The Bulgarian Brute" Rusev commented on an Instagram post of his personal singer/partner Aiden English and the comment read "I'm gonna miss you bud."
- Coming off of a hard-fought bout at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans Tommaso Ciampa shared that his match with Johnny Gargano does not count due to it being a non-sanctioned match. Therefore, it will not be kept in the record books so in "Pyscho Killer's" mind he never lost to his former tag team partner.
- Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rich Swann made his return to in-ring competition at CZW's 'Best Of The Best 17' tournament on Saturday night. Last month Swann announced his retirement from the sport of professional wrestling but the bug came back to bite him and it only took one month for him to get the itch back to return. A friend of Rich Swann who is the current WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander, caught wind of "The Outlandish" Swann's return video and other than seeing his good friend back in the ring, Alexander enjoyed the theme music that Swann entered to.
- The "EST Of NXT" Bianca Belair announced via Twitter that she and her fiance'; one-half of the NXT tag team 'The Street Profits'' Montez Ford have an official wedding date which is June 23rd of this year.
- From The Web