Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the morning of April 28th, 2018.
- MGM has moved Paige’s "Fighting With My Family" film back to 2019. The film is based on former two-time WWE Divas Champion Paige; detailing her life growing up in the professional wrestling business. The film was set to debut in September of this year but has been pushed back to March 1st, 2019.
- IMPACT Wrestling recently sent out a heartfelt video package about DJZ who has battled his way back from a career-threatening injury.
- Yesterday at the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' event the recently-cleared Daniel Bryan entered the 50-man Royal Rumble match at #1 and lasted one hour and sixteen minutes. In his long period of time in the match many competitors were trying to get a piece of Bryan and one of those men was one-half of the current NXT Tag Team Champions Roderick Strong. In an interview with WWE.com following the show Daniel Bryan spoke on how Roddy coming after him and reigniting their old rivalry from Ring Of Honor lit a flame in him.
- Another story coming out the Daniel Bryan camp; as mentioned above Bryan broke the record for the longest time spent in a Royal Rumble match. WWE sent out their official announcement and congratulations to the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
- Entering in at the #28 spot in the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' match former WWE Champion Rey Mysterio had on some unique and colorful ring gear. Mysterio also had Arabic text on his attire paying tribute to the Saudi Arabia faithful in attendance. He would go on to explain what the text on his attire meant in an interview with WWE.com:
“This is a little tribute to the Saudi Arabian fans for the support, for the loyalty. Not just for Rey Mysterio, but in general for the WWE Universe. They’re just loyal fans.”
- Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Hornswoggle also returned in the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' match. He spoke on his first time back in a WWE ring in two years.
- WWE Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin praised Shinsuke Nakamura via Twitter for developing as a heel.
- Horiki Sumi, who was an entrant in the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' match is a twelve-year veteran of the sumo-wrestling profession. Sumi even went on a 22-win streak in sumo wrestling. In WWE's announcement about him they teased that he could possibly be seen alongside Shinsuke Nakamura on an episode of SmackDown Live.