Here is your Fight Size update for the morning of Aug. 15.
- The UpUpDownDown crew celebrates Kofi Kingston's birthday. You can view the celebration in the video above.
- Ric Flair introduces Khalid at a concert.
- Tuesday's episode of Miz & Mrs drew 1.09 million viewers.
- MLW provides a storyline update on Savio Vega.
Hammerstone has since labeled the new version the “Night Terror Pendulum.” The move, similar to the Nightmare Pendulum, adds more torque and more power on the landing creating a devastating impact for the opponent.
In this instance, the added rotation and power resulted in Savio Vega’s legs crushing underneath his own body.
Vega lost movement in his legs and barely avoided a compound fracture of his right lower leg.
The league’s medical team moved in quickly to stabilize Vega as FUSION went off the air. Soon thereafter Vega would be en route to New York Hospital for Special Surgery. An orthopedic surgeon as well as the chief of spine surgery at the hospital diagnosed Vega with a severe stinger.
While the league expects Vega to fully recover, a return to the ring is unknown. As such, Vega remains on the injured reserved list.
- The Singh Brothers thank Canada.
Thank you Canada. Tonight was special. In 2008 we snuck into the @scotiabankarena and tried to land a job with WWE. Got kicked out. 11 years later, we finally got to perform in Toronto, at the @scotiabankarena.— Singh Brothers (@SinghBrosWWE) August 14, 2019
----@WWE @WWE205Live pic.twitter.com/Sysp3xAs3J
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also make sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel for interviews, news updates, podcasts, and more!
- Malcolm Bivens (formerly Stokely Hathaway) is in big trouble.
I guess I had this coming. pic.twitter.com/sMOM1JuHUW— Malcolm Bivens (@Malcolmvelli) August 14, 2019