Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the evening of July 11th, 2019.
- Brian Johnson and Dante Caballero have been announced for Ring Of Honor's Top Prospect tournament.
- AEW's Fight For The Fallen pre-show kicks off at 7:30 PM EST and will be available to watch on the All Elite Wrestling YouTube channel.
- Here's the cover for WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross' new book:
- Santino Bros. Wrestling Academy shared a video of Eli Everfly training with a student of the wrestling school.
- Here's footage of The Miz participating in the MLB Celebrity Softball game:
- WWE has cancelled two live events in Italy that were set for November.
- Women Of Honor World Champion Kelly Klein posted the following message on Twitter about an independent promotion she recently decided to depart from for various reasons:
We CAN change the business from the inside. Stand up for yourself and your value. We give power to the places we support and allow to exist. Give your power and value to places that deserve it, where we can all protect, support, and uplift each other.https://t.co/7mz2DwTlYp pic.twitter.com/NZVVqfukV9— Kelly Klein (@RealKellyKlein) July 11, 2019
EDIT: This is NOT about Ring of Honor. I still HAPPILY work there. This is about an INDEPENDENT company. ------
I recently parted ways with an independent company because I was very uncomfortable with how ownership interacted with and treated myself and other talent.
I tried to make changes from the inside. But it is impossible to eliminate or control another person’s bad behavior. That is up to that person, and that person alone.
What I WAS able to do, is leave the situation. By doing this, I hope that I can be an example to others. Especially young female talent. You do NOT have to put up with anyone’s shit. No one has the right to disrespect you, harass you, make you uncomfortable. No one has the right to disregard your boundaries. If someone does any of these things, YOU have the right to walk away.
The bullshit about losing booking opportunities or burning bridges... no. When we say NO to these types of “opportunities” it makes more room in our lives and in the market place for people and companies who treat their talent with respect.
We CAN change the business from the inside. Stand up for yourself and your value. Don’t brush off sexual or sexist comments. Don’t let someone talk you out of knowing your worth and your value. We give power to the places we support and allow to exist. So give your power and your value to the places that deserve it. Wrestling will still be there, and YOU will still be there. But we will have a better community and better places to work where we can all protect, support, and uplift each other.
And if you ever need anything from me, whether we work together or not, I’m a message away.