Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the morning of June 16th, 2018.
- It was announced that WWE Hall Of Famer Shawn Michaels was going to be making an appearance on day-one of the WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament which will begin its tapings next Monday. It has now come to the forefront as revealed by WWE.com that both Triple H and Shawn Michaels will be addressing the crowd inside of the 'Royal Albert Hall' on day-one of the two-day special. Below is the official press release by way of WWE:
"WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will return to the iconic venue where he fought in the first-ever WWE match to take place at the Royal Albert Hall in 1991, appearing at the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament at the historic arena on Monday, June 18, alongside Triple H.
Michaels and his Rockers tag team partner Marty Jannetty took on The Nasty Boys in the opening match of the Battle Royal at the Royal Albert Hall event, which was screened live in the U.K. on Sky Movies and is available on-demand in its entirety on the award-winning WWE Network. The 1991 event is symbolic for WWE fans in the U.K., as it marked the start of 27 consecutive years of live events there, a streak that continues to this day. Now, members of the WWE Universe attending the WWE U.K. Championship Tournament event on June 18 can celebrate this historic occasion alongside HBK himself.
Currently a coach at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., Michaels will be sure to share his experience with competitors from Great Britain, Ireland and beyond, having appeared at three of the five WWE live events held at the landmark arena to date.
As if HBK’s return to the Royal Albert Hall wasn’t enough, WWE fans can look forward to an appearance from Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE’s Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative and the driving force behind the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament.
Triple H also appeared at the 147-year-old venue in October 1995 on the Full Metal Tour, the most recent WWE event to be held in the building opened in 1871 by Queen Victoria.
The WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament at the Royal Albert Hall on June 18 will feature competitors vying to earn an opportunity to challenge WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunnethe following night inside London’s most famous venue.
The BruiserWeight will also be in action on June 18, teaming with Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) to face NXT’s Undisputed ERA.
In addition to Dunne’s title defense against the tournament winner, the event on Tuesday, June 19, will feature three NXT championship matches, including an NXT North American Championship Match, an NXT Women’s Championship Match and an NXT Tag Team Championship Match, as well as a tag team match pitting NXT Champion Aleister Black & Ricochet against Velveteen Dream & EC3.
Tickets to see HBK at the Royal Albert Hall are available now at www.bookingsdirect.com and www.livenation.co.uk."
- Xavier Woods celebrated the 3-year anniversary of his 'UpUpDownDown' YouTube gaming channel with a celebratory Instagram post.
- On July 1st the brother of current SmackDown Live GM Paige, Zak Knight will be challenging Dale Broughton for the 'WAW Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship' in London.
- While Samoa Joe appeared on 'WMC Action News 5' ahead of SmackDown Live in Memphis this past Tuesday, at the conclusion of the interview Joe had the opportunity to demonstrate on a producer how to properly apply the 'Coquina Clutch' submission maneuver.
- A Twitter user recently asked the current RAW Tag Team Champions "The Deleters Of Worlds" when are they going to face the current IWGP Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks.
Both Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt peculiarly agreed to wanting to face the 'Bucks Of Youth' and that the match will hopefully happen soon.
- During the talk show 'The View', hosts on set discussed John Cena and Nikki Bella's relationship and while going over the topic they shared their thoughts on John Cena's back and forth stance on wanting children.
- According to 'Benzinga', Wells Fargo analyst Eric Katz reiterated his Outperform rating for the WWE stock and raised his price target from $48 to $76. The site also noted that those on Wall Street believe WWE's stock will continue to rise this year.
- Police officer Tommy Norman is well-known on social media for providing for his community and trying to rid of the shoddy image that law enforcers have in today's society. On Norman's personal Instagram page he noted that he, along with a few civilians of Little Rock, Arkansas were heading to Monday Night RAW on behalf of tickets that were provided by former 4-time RAW Women's Champion Sasha Banks.