Here is your Fight Size update for the evening of 9/17/19.
- Watch Steve Austin make his entrance in WWE 2K20 in the video above.
- PWInsider reports that Kevin Owens is not backstage at WWE SmackDown. However, Ric Flair and Luke Harper are backstage. PWInsider originally reported that Vince McMahon was backstage at SmackDown, but that is not the case.
- Lenny Leonard will call Dragon Gate "Gate of Destiny 2019" on Nov. 4.
- Ember Moon teases a match against Kay Lee Ray in NXT UK.
- WWE is planning a Starrcade special in Georgia on Nov. 30 according to Dave Meltzer.
- Randy Orton praises Baron Corbin.
Hate to say it but he’s one of the few that gets the art https://t.co/P5Fpbw5ygm— Randy Orton (@RandyOrton) September 17, 2019
- Women of Wrestling will tape 12 episodes over the next three days in Los Angeles.
- Drew McIntyre was not backstage at Raw on Monday.
- Bobby Lashley doesn't know how GIFs work.
- Tim Storm will face Nick Aldis for the NWA World Heavyweight Title at the NWA TV tapings.
- Details on EVOLVE meet-and-greets this weekend.
EVOLVE returns to Brooklyn, NY this Friday and Queens, NY this Saturday. You can get tickets and info in the WWNLive.com Events section. This weekend’s EVOLVE events will feature Meet & Greets with the following NXT Superstars:
-NXT UK Champion WALTER
-Champion Austin Theory
The Meet & Greets will begin when doors open for each event. They will continue after each event. Pricing info can be found in the WWNLive.com Shop.
-You get an 8×10 free with an autograph purchase. You are also able to have the NXT Superstars autograph any item you bring.
-New York City was the location of one of the greatest moments in NXT History when Johnny Gargano won the NXT Championship. We have these exclusive, framable 8x10s featuring the closing scene with Gargano, his wife Candice LeRae and best friend Tommaso Ciampa. You have the opportunity to get all three of them to autograph these 8x10s this weekend at EVOLVE in NYC. This could be your only chance to get all three signatures! This is sure to be a collector’s item.
-EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory is signed to WWE and training at the WWE Performance Center. HE will be in EVOLVE as long as he is EVOLVE Champion. This means that this Saturday in Queens, NY could be his last show in the intimate confines of independent wrestling. This could be your last chance to get his picture and autograph. We are very excited to offer this exclusive Austin Theory 8×10. This is the first Austin Theory merchandise to feature the NXT logo. He could main event Wrestlemania one day! This is your chance to get his first merchandise.
-You will also have an opportunity to meet members of the EVOLVE roster. Pricing and merchandise items are determined by the individual EVOLVE star. Information will be available at their merch tables.
-The WWN Merch Table will have official NXT shirts for Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Matt Riddle and Undisputed Era.
-The WWN Merch Table will also have all the latest Blu-rays, DVDs, shirts and new items, including the EVOLVE track jacket and EVOLVE hoodie. All ticket holders get a discount at the WWN Merch Table. Ringside ticket holders have a $10 credit. GA ticket holders have a $5 merch credit. Please note that merch credits must be used at the event that night and cannot be combined. Thank you for all your support!
- The official biography for Andre The Giant will release in April 2020. Details from ECW Press are below.
s there a way to find truth in the stuff of legend? You may think you know André the Giant — but who was André Roussimoff? This comprehensive biography addresses the burning questions, outrageous stories, and common misconceptions about his height, his weight, his drawing power as a superstar, and his seemingly unparalleled capacity for food and alcohol. But more importantly, The Eighth Wonder of the World: The True Story of André the Giant transports readers beyond the smoke and mirrors of professional wrestling into the life of a real man.
Born in France, André worked on his family’s farm until he was 18, when he moved to Paris to pursue professional wrestling. A truly extraordinary figure, André went on to become an international icon and world traveler, all while battling acromegaly. While his disorder is what made him a giant and a household name, it’s also what caused his untimely death at 46.
With exhaustive research, exclusive interviews with family and friends, and an exploration of André’s amazing in-ring career and the indelible mark he left on pop culture, Laprade and Hébert have crafted the most complete portrait of a modern-day mythical being.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also make sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel for interviews, news updates, podcasts, and more!