Here's your fight-size update for the evening of October 18, 2019:
- Four things to know before SmackDown can be seen in the video at the top of the page.
- Christopher Daniels has a pinched nerve after being attacked by the Lucha Bros before he was supposed to tag with Frankie Kazarian against Best Friends on the October 16 episode of AEW Dynamite. There is no word on if the injury is legitimate or is storyline-related.
Injuries are the worst. They’re like a tunnel where you don’t know the length, you don’t know when you’ll see daylight again. But I didn’t come this far just to fade away. Especially since I have unfinished business to attend to.— Christopher Daniels (@facdaniels) October 18, 2019
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.
Update on the status of @facdaniels The good news is he’s ok. Diagnosed with a pinched nerve. His spirits are high. The bad news is he will be out of action for a while. @ScorpioSky stepped in and SCU now has even more to fight for. We WILL be @AEWrestling tag team champions. pic.twitter.com/FZg5BcooPk— Frankie Kazarian (@FrankieKazarian) October 18, 2019
- Although Jushin Thunder Liger had been previously advertised for the November 9 New Japan Showdown tour stop in San Jose, NJPW confirmed that match will be Liger's last in the United States. No opponent for Liger has yet to be announced.
- The University of Illinois highlights Tony Khan bringing AEW to Champaign, Illinois on December 7.
- Karl Anderson is having fun after #BeatingUpTheStreetProfits
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for interviews, news updates, podcasts, and more!