Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the morning of January 21st 2019.
- After deleting all social media following having her personal photos and videos leaked, the NXT UK Women's Champion Toni Storm has returned to social media and is now back on both Twitter and Instagram.
- Tenille Dashwood returned to Ring Of Honor at the recent television tapings at 'Center Stage' after undergoing shoulder surgery and taking time off because of the skin disease Psoriasis that she's been dealing with since her childhood days. Tenille shared an update on Instagram about how she's feeling mentally and psychically.
Sometimes you really do have to take a step backwards (or many) to move forwards! I’ve spent the past few months focusing on being happy and healthy! I spent time with my family and friends and traveled. These things make me happy! I’ve rehabbed my shoulder diligently & implemented new eating habits (with a few exceptions over the holidays) to get my skin condition (psoriasis) & health better. Now look at me! Almost fully healed through diet! What we put in our bodies really makes a difference. I haven’t been in a gym in 3.5 months & surprisingly I feel pretty good (especially with some good hotel lighting --). I worried myself at times that I was taking too much time off, like time was running out & I was falling behind. Or that the new ways of eating were wrong because they were different to any other diet I had known before. I constantly put pressure on myself for all the things I thought I should be doing or that I hadn't done yet. Then I realized I was already doing everything I could possibly do! The reasons I made myself worry and stress were the same reasons why I knew I would get to where I wanted to be eventually. It’s because I care. Because I’m passionate and driven... Because I want to be the best I can be and I know I won’t settle for anything less than that. So instead, I looked at every negative as a positive. I decided to just accept what was happening to me to learn from it and deal with it as best I could. Im constantly working on myself not just physically, but mentally. Reminding myself about the things that make me happy and finding my purpose again! I wouldn’t say I’m a new person, but I definitely have a new outlook on life (plus some new scars and titanium screws) thanks to all I’ve been through! Swipe right to see —> And as crazy as this past year has been for me, I still believe everything happens for a reason. I’ve learned so much and grown as a person. I know what I want. I know what’s important to me. Now I’m in the right state of mind to make it all happen and continue to better myself. Funny how things turn out isn’t it? Please look up @mygoodnessrecipes & @medicalmedium for help and guidance! #psoriasis #psoriasisawareness
- Here's what will be on tap on the WWE Network this week:
MONDAY, JANUARY 21ST AFTER RAW AT 11PM it will be a new episode of the ‘Edge and Christian Show’ with the following description: The Realm of Awesomeness is under attack, Randy Orton tries to manage his anger, and Kurt Angle’s first WWE meeting goes off the rails!
TUESDAY, JANUARY 22ND AFTER SMACKDOWN AT 10PM it will be a new episode of ‘205 Live’.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23RD AT 3PM it will be a new episode of ‘NXT UK’ with the following description: Pete Dunne comes face-to-face with a new threat to his WWE United Kingdom Championship. Travis Banks faces Jordan Devlin in the main event.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23RD AT 8PM it will be a new episode of ‘NXT’ with the following description: Days before they meet for the North American Championship at NXT TakeOver: Phoenix, Ricochet and Johnny Gargano are Live at Full Sail!
FRIDAY, JANUARY 25TH AT 7:30PM it will be a new episode of ‘This Week In WWE’.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26TH AT 12AM it will be ‘Superstars’ with the following description: The Ultimate Warrior is plagued by the curse of Papa Shango. Plus, Shawn Michaels, Big Boss Man, and many more take to the ring for action!
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26TH AT 6PM it will be the ‘WWE NXT TakeOver Pre-Show’ followed by “NXT TakeOver: Phoenix’.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27TH AT 5PM it will be the “Royal Rumble Pre-Show’ followed by ‘WWE Royal Rumble’.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27TH AT 11PM it will be a new episode of ‘WWE 24’ with the following description: Get an all-access pass to WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans, featuring rare behind-the-curtain footage and revealing Superstar interviews.
- Here's a clip from a segment during the 2002 Royal Rumble pay-per-view featuring Stephanie McMahon and WWE Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin.
- World Of Sport shared a highlight clip of the action from their live event shows over the weekend:
Here are some highlights from this past weekend, as we kicked off our 1st UK Tour to packed crowds in Southampton and Newport.— WOS Wrestling (@WOSWrestling) January 20, 2019
Tickets and Fan Interaction Packages are available from https://t.co/eZiVYIa6OT pic.twitter.com/Zg3FrQpEy3
- Sasha Banks is the focus of the latest 'Canvas 2 Canvas' episode.
- According to NFL Insider Ian Rapoport, while New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski continues to think about if he's retiring after this current season or not, a run in the WWE is not Gronk's immediate future.
From @NFLGameDay: As #Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski mulls retirement this offseason, it doesn't sound like the WWE is in his future. Perhaps movies, though. ... This is very important news. pic.twitter.com/S4obsWijRv— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 20, 2019