Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the evening of April 14th, 2019.
- With WrestleMania 35 in the books, WWE and Triple H received custom jerseys from the New York Jets franchise.
Thank you to our #WrestleMania partners @nyjets for hosting us at your home last Sunday. Thank you for the custom jersey … can’t wait to see them on the field @MetLifeStadium next season. #TakeFlight pic.twitter.com/EaUv9BspIv— Triple H (@TripleH) April 13, 2019
- WWE Hall Of Famer Sue Aitchison was interviewed by WalesOnline.
- The current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Dragon Lee is also the holder of the CMLL World Lightweight, CMLL World Welterweight and MLA Heavyweight Championships.
- In honor of current RAW Tag Team Champion Curt Hawkins snapping his losing streak, WWE put together a video of the top-ten times that a losing streak was snapped in their company.
- The @MithGifs Twitter account posted a clip of Tyler Breeze embracing an emotional Xavier Woods after New Day came down the ramp from Gorilla after Kofi Kingston won the WWE Championship.
- Mikaze got into a back and forth with Wil Spillane on Twitter who claims to have had bad experiences in the past with Sasha Banks.
Mercedes and I had a decent working relationship in NXT for the first 6 or so months we worked together.— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 12, 2019
Like anyone who was respectful and could actually put on a show in the ring, I did what I could to support her professionally and personally.
I asked her for help and she agreed.— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 12, 2019
For context, Full Sail and WWE were in a weird place. It was the Wild West, and our team had the authority to do as we please on social media for NXT and to ask talent to cooperate. Nothing was ever mandated. Our team always asked.
I heard back from most of the women and a few male talents the same story.— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 12, 2019
So that week at a show, I asked her about it. She looked me up and down and said “I don’t know what you’re talking about”, and basically never spoke to me again.
She was doing it on purpose.
She was slated to wrestle Charlotte that night. Charlotte’s MSG debut as well.— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 12, 2019
I had a sweet moment with her about how my first night at MSG ever was watching her dad wrestle and my 2nd was to watch her wrestle and work the show.
Suddenly Mercedes walks through...
And this is just my experience with Mercedes. I’m well aware of other people’s experiences that are far worse.— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 12, 2019
Including bullying other female talents to the point of tears.
Everything you thought was true about this woman is likely correct.
Even with this, I still hope she finds her way.— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 12, 2019
And hey... maybe we’re all getting worked. Who knows? Either way, it doesn’t change these experiences.
And FWIW, she isn’t the only successful talent to act this way.
You’re right, we haven’t. What benefit do I get from fabricating this, though?— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 13, 2019
I remember these moments because of how poignant they were. That first experience I mentioned hurt, actually.
Im not saying you weren't hurt, cause you have every right to be if you felt wronged. What I'm saying is I believe something got crossed up because I was around for a lot of this and I saw no Ill will on her end.— Mikaze a.k.a Mr. Castle (@IamMikaze) April 13, 2019
If it were any different than how I experienced it and explained it here, I would not know.— Wil Spillane (@wichsp) April 13, 2019
Could I be wrong? Of course. But when I reached out to understand it was ignored. My experience was as I described.