Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the evening of April 28th, 2018.
- The 'Greatest Royal Rumble' event has officially been cleared off of the WWE calender. The Chairman of the company Vince McMahon sent out his thank you to Saudi Arabia and all involved who helped put the event together.
- The Wall Street Journal has an article published that has a few comments from women who were in attendance for the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' event. With all the controversy regarding WWE's female superstars not being able to compete on the show, those interviewed by the Wall Street Journal provided some interesting takes on their experience at the event.
- Current SmackDown Live star and one-half of the 'IIconics' Peyton Royce shared a throwback photo of herself on her official Instagram page.
- During the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' event Jinder Mahal attempted to take back the WWE United States Championship from Jeff Hardy. In a particular portion of the match Jeff went for his signature "Whisper In The Wind" maneuver and Jinder Mahal was not in the correct position which ultimately turned out to be a bad spot that many who viewed the event pointed out.
"The Modern-Day Maharajah" reacted to the clips of the spot and had the following to say:
- Nikki & Brie Bella The Bella Twins will be opening a pop-up shop for their clothing line "BirdieBee" in Arizona.
- The WWE Network schedule for this upcoming week has been released and here's what on tap on the streaming service for the week of April 29th:
Monday following Raw, it will be “Ride Along” with Titus Worldwide, Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss.
Tuesday at 10 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new “205 Live”
Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern, it will be “NXT” featuring:
*WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne versus Roderick Strong in a nontitle match
*Street Profits versus TM 61
*Candice LeRae versus Bianca Belair
*Kona Reeves re-debuts
Wednesday On Demand it will be a new episode of “Something Else to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard” looking at Shawn Michaels 1995
From the looks of things on programming schedule, the “Flashback Friday” marathon will no longer be a weekly staple on the live stream.
At 3 PM Eastern, it will be a brand-new “This Week in WWE.”
At noon, the first episode of the second season adult animated series “Camp WWE” will be available On Demand
At 7 PM Eastern will be the one hour 2018 “Backlash” Kickoff. That will be followed by the show proper at 8 PM Eastern and at 11 PM it will be the post-show which is slated for a half hour.
- Prior to the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' footage was captured of Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, Cesaro, and Sunil Singh playing soccer inside of King Abdullah Sports City's King Abdullah International Stadium.
- Taiwan News has an article published on their site which notes that SmackDown Live will be taped live in China on July 1st and then broadcasted here in the states the following Tuesday.