Good afternoon, here's your second update for December 11:
- Happy Holidays from WWE:
- Two wrestling-related Golden Globe nominations from this morning include Ferdinand (where John Cena voices the titular character) being nominated for Best Animated Film and Alison Brie nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television series for GLOW.
- John Cena hung out with Make A Wish kids:
- Sylvester Stallone tweeted that big news was coming this afternoon in regards to Creed 2, the next movie in the Rocky film franchise. He then posted a picture of Brock Lesnar, insinuating it had something to do with him. The announcement turned out to be that he was stepping aside as director of the film. Hey, don’t ask me. He then said Ivan Drago’s son would be played by a new unknown:
Tickets for Takeover: New Orleans go on sale this Friday:
Top 10 Wildest Tribute To The Troops moments:
- The Rich Swann/Drew Gulak match set for tonight isn’t going down, as expected. Swann has been suspended by WWE following his arrest this weekend for imprisonment/kidnapping and battery.
- David Otunga will be on the Clash of Champions Kickoff pre-show, along with Renee Young and Peter Rosenberg this Sunday. Additionally, a new episode of Talking Smack will air after the show.
- UFC Hall of Famer and Former Heavyweight Champion Josh Barnett are working on a new pro grappling league utilizing a team format, called Quintet Grappling Team Survival Match.
“Honestly, I enjoy competing,” said Sakuraba” And if I’m having a great time, it’ll be fun for the audience too. In a regular bout, you’ve got one match and it’s over. But we’ve got attrition-style bouts, called ‘Kachi-Nuki’. If you win, you keep on fighting, maybe winning two or three times. That right there is what will make it fun to watch. It’ll be a heck of a challenge, but that much more exciting."
Josh Barnett said "I think it wants to be itself. It wants to be a new face in this landscape of martial arts. This is about showcasing grappling but also showing the importance of teams. Each individual is not just required to think about what their win means for themselves, but how that will affect the team. It incorporates a lot of strategy outside of just a single match. That makes it very interesting.”