Here is your fight size update for Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
- Recently, Finlay recounted a tale of when he ribbed Hornswoggle by pretending like he was going to sell him to a man in the Philippines. See The above video for more
- WWE has announced that they won big at the Webby Awards:
At the 25th Annual Webby Awards, WWE Social Media was victorious in the General Social: Sports category during a virtual ceremony.
WWE Social Media earned the prestigious People's Voice award in a field of nearly 13,500 entries from all 50 states and 70-plus countries, and 2.2 million votes were cast! Thank you to all WWE Universe members who made their voices heard, as the win was determined entirely by fan votes.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was recognized with a Webby Special Achievement "for his phenomenal use of social media to connect with people, to provide inspiration and motivation to millions of followers globally, and to serve fans with new and exclusive content from his wide range of ongoing film-and-TV projects."
Additionally, several weeks prior to the ceremony, Undertaker: The Last Ride received Honoree status in Video Series & Channels: Sports.
Established in 1996, the Webby Awards is the "leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet."
- Frankie Kazarian recently shared on social media that his father passed away. Fightful sends its condolences to Frankie and his family.
If you’ve ever watched and enjoyed any match of mine, please read. This is immensely important to me. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/GVlhG9lraB— Frankie Kazarian (@FrankieKazarian) May 18, 2021
- MLW’s 2021 draft begins this Thursday:
MLW's inaugural Open Draft kicks off Thursday
Tune in 7pm ET as MLW revamps, reloads and expands roster
Major League Wrestling and SRG Universe, Inc. today announced a new partnership, making Supershow the Game the presenting partner of the 2021 Open Draft, which kicks off next Thursday, May 20 on MLW.com and all MLW digital platforms.
“We’re excited to usher in the next season of Major League Wrestling with some exciting news and that kicks off with Open Draft and this partnership with SRG Universe,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer. “This partnership encapsulates MLW’s approach to activation and allows SRG to leverage our content and athletes to bring something large in scale to fans worldwide.”
Supershow the Game, the #1 rated Wrestling Card game in the world. Bring all the in-ring wrestling action home to the tabletop, in this strategic card game, where you can live out all your wrestling fantasies without having to take a chair shot! Choose your competitor, build a deck suited to their skills, and compete in a spectacle so grand, it can only be called, The Supershow! Get started today at supershowthegame.com or ask your local hobby retail for Supershow the Game. You could be the next World Champion!
SRG Universe, Inc. is a tabletop gaming company incorporated in New York State in 2014. We are in the business of developing, designing, producing and selling games. Because our team is made up of lifelong gamers, we are committed to the gaming community and local hobby stores. Our goal is to make our games interactive and have the gaming community involved every step. We are devoted to creating fun and strategic games that foster creative thinking and that help players develop various skills like: reading comprehension, basic math skills, leadership capacity, decision making, strategic planning, and logical thinking. Our games feature an underlying strategy that makes them both easy to learn and difficult to master.
- The Miz recently spoke to Forbes and recounted his first WWE Championship run and his feud with Jerry Lawler.
“There’s just something to a WWE champion not always being the strongest or toughest, and basically running away from a fight. And I always prided myself on being a champion where you never know, anybody can beat him at any given time,” said Miz.
“I remember my first WWE Championship. My first match, I think, was against Jerry Lawler on his 60th birthday. We had everyone in Philadelphia—which, Philadelphia are our uber fans, like the people that are just very intrigued and always know everything about WWE—and we had them literally thinking Jerry “The King” Lawler was going to go to WrestleMania as WWE champion. That’s how much they wanted it.”
- WWE Shop has a new Kyle O'Reilly "Heel Hook" T-shirt available. Also, check out his new theme song here.
- New additions to WWE Network on Peacock include:
- The Best of WWE: The Best of Rob Van Dam
- The 2016 WWE Network original reality series Holy Foley!
- The 2017 documentary Diamond Dallas Page: Positively Living
- Check out the top 10 moments of Monday Night Raw here.
- Guerrero family patriarch Gory Guerrero, father of Eddie Guerrero and grandfather of Chavo Guerrero Jr, has been posthumously named to the El Paso Athletic Hall of Fame.
- WWE stock was down today and closed just under $53 per share at $52.97.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.