Welcome to Fightful's ongoing coverage of WWE Backstage. Tuesday's show will feature the return of CM Punk as well as a special guest appearance by Stephanie McMahon.
WWE Backstage Report (2/11)
- Booker T, CM Punk, Paige and Renee Young open the show with a recap of this past week in WWE.
- The gang discusses Shayna Baszler biting Becky Lynch's neck. Booker T says there's always a curveball being thrown in WWE and we just have to adjust. Paige says it got people talking and CM Punk believes she's a badass and doesn't need the bite to showcase herself. Paige adds that she likes it that new women are being highlighted.
- Punk says there are too many pay-per-views and that the focus should be on getting to WrestleMania.
- When discussing the Randy Orton/Matt Hardy segment from Raw, Punk said when Orton is motivated, there is no one better. Paige ponders the possibility of this being Hardy's last time in WWE.
- John Cena's WWE return is announced for February 28 on SmackDown.
- Charlotte joins the show and is asked about wrestlers switching to NXT like Finn Balor. Charlotte said Balor was instrumental to that brand's growth and believes he will elevate it. Charlotte added that she loves Bianca Belair, oozes charisma and that she has that "It" factor that can't be taught. A quick video of Charlotte's appearance on The Herd is played and Charlotte jokes that she has no idea who would be Thelma and Louise between her and Lynch.
- Charlotte then talks about the pressures of being a wrestler while being the child of a famous wrestler, saying she has to work twice as hard and not take anything for granted. Charlotte gives some advice to Simone Johnson saying that she shouldn't just go to her father The Rock at first as she begins her WWE journey at the Performance Center and rely on the coaches there for advice.
- A look at WWE and NASCAR's relationship over the years.
- A pre-taped interview between Young and Stephanie McMahon plays. McMahon talks about WrestleMania coming to SoFi Stadium in 2021 and how impressive it will look. McMahon said her favorite WrestleMania in Los Angeles moment was getting hit with proposals about having the Money In The Bank match at WrestleMania 21 back in 2005.
- We get a look at Kofi Kingston's journey to winning the WWE Championship at WrestleMania last year.
- Paige says "The Dirt Sheet" was a better return than MVP's VIP Lounge.
- Punk says a secondary title run should be next for Aleister Black and that means a feud against Andrade.
- We get a recap video highlighting the Women's Evolution and #GiveDivasAChance five years later. Charlotte returns for the segment and Paige talks about the start of that movement that began with her tag match with Emma against The Bella Twins. Paige says there was pressure to deliver afterwards because now the spotlight was shifting towards the women. Paige then reminisces about her WrestleMania 31 tag team match teaming with AJ Lee against The Bella Twins. Charlotte chimes in and talks about the talent of WWE's women, saying that there was talent on the roster even before AJ Lee came in.
- Social Media SmackDown ends the show with Charlotte responding to a Twitter comment on her last women's title reign.