Here is your fight-size update for Tuesday, January 19th, 2021:
- Having a little fun on Twitter, Karl Anderson took it upon himself to declare he and Luke Gallows as entrants into the Royal Rumble. Obviously, that won't be happening, but The Good Brothers are traveling in between AEW and IMPACT.
Be careful Brian, as you kno and I’ve seen with humans there, you’ll drive yourself insane.....— The Machine Gun (@MachineGunKA) January 19, 2021
But with your logic, here we go, #GoodBrothers declare ourselves in the rumble ! @IMPACTWRESTLING @AEW https://t.co/KttipnHs25
- MLW revealed Séptimo Dragón shirt to raise money for luchador's recovery.
NEW YORK — Major League Wrestling ("MLW") in conjunction with MLWShop.com has released an exclusive Séptimo Dragón Rise-Up T-shirt with all MLW proceeds going directly to the luchador, who is recovering from a hit-and-run accident and multiple operations after an extended stay in the hospital.
Fans can purchase the T-shirt at: MLWshop.com.
“The support and care wrestling fans have for its athletes is unlike any other sport,” said Court Bauer. “We’ve been inundated with fans asking how they can help Séptimo Dragón, so we came up with this. Any and all revenue MLW would receive will go directly to Dragón. Times are tough and his road to recovery is long. We hope you consider helping Séptimo and thank you all for caring so much about a truly great person enduring some hard times.”
- Check out the top 10 moments of Monday Night Raw.
- Matt Cardona has a new shirt design with IMPACT Wrestling.
- RJ City, playing the long game, declared his entry for the Royal Rumble watch along.
I am declaring my intention to enter the Royal Rumble Watch Along.— RJ City (@RJCity1) January 19, 2021
- In a new interview with Sportskeeda, Eric Bischoff discussed why many wrestling fans prefer Sting to Goldberg:
"I think it goes back to the beginning of Goldberg's career. Bill Goldberg became a megastar almost overnight. And, as a result of that, Bill Goldberg was thrust into the limelight in main event matches with top-level talent, without really having the experience that would enable him to have longer, more dramatic types of matches that you would see out of a Sting, or a Chris Jericho, or you name it, any of the other top stars," said Bischoff.
"I think because of Bill Goldberg's limited experience in the very beginning, and the fact that Bill didn't really develop a much broader skill-set in terms of his technical abilities in the ring, fans sometimes look at Bill Goldberg as a limited star in terms of in-ring ability. I think there's some resentment in the eyes of fans for that. They understand the character, how powerful the character is, but because of the limitations that he has in terms of what he can do in the ring, I think there's a little bit of resentment or resistance to Bill Goldberg," Bischoff added.
- WWE stock today closed at $52.08 a share
- Subscribe to Fightful Select support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube