Here is your fight-size update for Thursday, January 28th, 2021:
- Brie Larson, Captain Marvel in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, recently connected with Tegan Nox on WWE’s The Bump.
Explaining in the WWE Comeback Documentary how much Captain Marvel & Brie herself, helped me through the darkest times in my life was one thing, but being able to sit & chat with @brielarson to tell her directly was insane & so special...life can be really cool!------ https://t.co/YVHwAfdXA8— Tegan Nox -------------- (@TeganNoxWWE_) January 28, 2021
- Tim Donaghy, the former NBA referee was recently involved in the finish of MLW FUSION, costing Savio Vega a match against Richard Holliday. Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Donaghy said he's having fun in this branch of entertainment.
“Wrestling is a form of entertainment, and I’m having fun with it,” Donaghy says. “It got a little more physical than I expected, but it was definitely exciting. Everyone was very helpful and professional, and I hope I’m part of it again.”
- Peyton Royce recently spoke to Sportskeeda and once again reiterated how important it was for her to win the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Billie Kay at WrestleMania in 2019.
"Yeah, I’m tearing up right now. I’ll never not be so emotional about that night. I have the poster right up above me. I look at it every day. I have the Women’s Tag Title right here with the side plates on it. That night I will look back and I will always have the most pure and wonderful memories from that night and I hope I never lose that feeling because that was literally my dreams coming true. I still can’t believe, I still have to pinch myself that it even happened, that we did that on that stage with those women in the same ring. It was just wild.”
- GCW Fight Forever is free on FITE and YouTube. Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Effy spoke about his event being back-to-back with Allie Kat's.
“We’re getting the opportunity to put on as much cool wrestling as possible,” says Effy, who is gaining popularity as one of the top indie stars. “The LGBTQ talent has this moment to bring wrestling to the people. There is going to be athleticism and fight and emotion, and some wild showmanship.
“Allie Kat has the block right after ours, so I’m looking at this as a massive women’s, LGBTQ block that we are coordinating together to make sure we present the biggest and best version possible.”
“I’ve opened every single door in my lane, and I’ve opened so many doors in the WWE, and I can see that with my work, I can see that when I go to NXT, I can see that every single week on Friday Night SmackDown. I feel that we have the greatest women’s division of all time right now. All of our women are killing it, and everybody is so relatable. There’s somebody for somebody.”
- WWE stock today closed at $56.49 a share
- Subscribe to Fightful Select to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube