Here's your fight size update for Thursday, June 3, 2021:
- There's going to be a new addition to the Hangman Page family as he announced on social media that he and his wife are expecting their first child.
- Following the death of her pet pig Larry Steve, Alexa Bliss raised $16,000 for a pig rescue operation via a livestream held in Larry Steve's honor. Bliss tells TMZ that she would like to keep rescuing pigs as she finds them to be emotionally smart.
- WWE Network has added the first 76 episodes of ECW Hardcore TV to Peacock. Also, the second season of Miz and Mrs. is now available on the platform.
Speaking with Variety, Sonya Deville opened up about wanting to do more for the LGBTQ+ community and stated that 70% of her fan base is from the queer community.
“I really just want to be a voice for the community in sports — specifically, in the WWE. I want to let people know that their sexuality doesn’t define them and how they identify doesn’t define them. And I’m a perfect example of it.”
She continued, “I would say that about 70% of my fan base is part of the [queer] community somehow, some way. I get messages constantly on Instagram and Twitter and emails, just all the people always asking me like, ‘Hey, do you have any advice on how I should come out?’ Or ‘Thank you. You helped me feel OK with myself and my sexuality.’ That’s literally the reason I use my voice.”
- Thunderdome registration for this Monday's Raw is now open at this link.
- King Muertes has signed with MLW:
NEW YORK - Major League Wrestling has signed King Muertes to a multi-year deal. The deal, which was signed this week, will extend the heavyweight luchador's reign of destruction in MLW for the foreseeable future.
Debuting in early 2021, the masked man has an 80% winning percentage and is one of the top ranked pound-for-pound luchadores.
While terms have not been released, MLW.com can confirm that Cesar Duran brokered the deal and will be the exclusive promoter for Muertes under the Azteca Underground banner.
Duran issued the following statement:
"Yes, yes, you can thank ME for ensuring you get the best lucha and violence in the entire world! Wrestling was soooo boring. But now you have Azteca Underground and you have King Muertes! What could be better? Wait, I know. But I'm not going to share quite yet!!!!"
Owner/Proprietor, Azteca Underground
MLW kicks off its new season July 10 in Philadelphia where the league will welcome back fans to the historic 2300 Arena. More tickets are expected to be made available shortly at MLW2300.com.
- The New Day graphic novel, originally slated for December, has been pushed back to March 2022.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $56.79 per share.
- Check out the latest Battle of the brands from UpUpDownDown: