Here is your fight size update for Tuesday, October 5, 2021.
- Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics reports that episode 7 of the Starz series “Heels” has seen another drop in viewership.
After a one week hiatus, the seventh episode of Heels on Sunday night on Starz was watched by 73,000 viewers, including 29,000 aged 18 to 49 (0.02 rating).
That’s the lowest for total viewership yet for Heels, but an above average audience in 18 to 49. For just the second time, the program ranked in the top 150 among cable originals for the day, at #135, according to Showbuzz Daily.
I think it was just quieting that voice in my head that doubted anything. Cardio is fine, timing is fine. I was always a storyteller. You'll never see me do a triple-jump moonsault to the floor or anything like that. It's more about tugging on people's heartstrings and getting them to care about me as a human being, really. If I have an advantage over anybody, I think that's one of them. I have this rare connection with the crowd. I just think I need more reps. I need to get out there more in front of a live audience and wrestle. I'll be back to form in no time. I think I haven't missed a beat. That was kind of the goal. To go out there and make it look like I've been wrestling last week. I think mission accomplished. I just want to get out there and here the crowd more. That's all I want to do is be in that moment.
- In a new tweet, Bryan Danielson has reflected on 20 years in the industry.
October 4, 1999 was my first ever professional wrestling match, a 10 minute draw against Bryan Kendrick at Far West Rodeo in San Antonio, TX. It’s been an amazing 22 years, but it still feels like the best is yet to come --— Bryan Danielson (@bryandanielson) October 4, 2021
- The King of the Ring Countdown special that aired on Fox this past Sunday is now available on Peacock.
- Shane McMahon's theme song was used in a recent episode of The Simpsons.
Last thing I expected to hear today was Shane McMahon’s “Here Comes The Money” theme on The Simpsons! pic.twitter.com/BScLYPM04p— Kyle Lewis (@KeepItFiveStar) October 4, 2021
- WWE Superstar Titus O'Neil appeared on What's Working With Tampa Bay and discusses his partnership with CareerSource Tampa Bay, his own career journey, and why he is passionate about helping youth find employment and overcome life and career obstacles
- In the best draft news ever, Ryu Maivia was drafted to SmackDown (along with mom, Sasha Banks)
- WWEShop has a preview of this year's line of ugly holiday sweaters with designs for Shotzi, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Roman Reigns, Drew McIntyre, Edge, Randy Orton, and Bianca Belair.
- Watch: Raw's top 10 moments
- David Arquette has announced that he is opening an Empire Circus in Brooklyn, New York and he's bringing with him Bozo the Clown.
“Bozo represents a world of love, light, and laughter. Something we can all use more of right now.” Arquette said in a statement about the upcoming event. “There is a Bozo inside each and every one of us and letting our Bozo out will help make the world a brighter place.”
- When the market closed today, WWE stock was trading at $57.94 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Here's the latest AEW Road To: