NJPW's Summer Struggle In Jingu show just got several more matches added to its lineup:
The promotion announced that Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi will have to defend their IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team titles against former champions Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi at the event, taking place on August 29 at Jingu Stadium. The match is a rematch from their title bout at Dominion in July where Sabre & Taichi emerged victorious as the new champions.
In addition, Shingo Takagi will defend the NEVER Openweight Title against Minrou Suzuki. The match has been teased throughout the Summer Struggle tour and this would be Takagi's first title defense since he defeated Sho at Dominion. A successful title defense for Takagi would give him four career title defenses, which would place him tied for fourth-most in the title's history alongside Suzuki and Masato Tanaka. Lastly, Master Wato will take on Yoshinobu Kanemaru in a singles match.
Below is the updated card for Summer Struggle In Jingu:
- IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental Championships: EVIL (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
- NEVER Openweight Championship: Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
- KOPW 2020 Title/Fatal Four-Way Match: TBD
- Master Wato vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Fightful will have live coverage for Summer Struggle In Jingu.
- From The Web