Here is your post-SmackDown fight size update for Friday, April 9, 2021.
- On SmackDown, footage aired of Sami Zayn inviting himself to Logan and Jake Paul’s sparing session (seen above). The Master Strategist, however, complained to Michael Cole and Corey Graves, saying that WWE only aired select images that showed him being denied re-entrance by a security guard. He says that Logan reprimanded the guard after finding out what happened and that the two went for breakfast. In an attempt to prove his sincerity, Sami claimed that Logan Paul ate a grapefruit salad.
The segment ended with Kevin Owens attacking Zayn and hitting him with a stunner. The two are set to face off at WrestleMania 37, where Logan Paul will be Sami Zayn's special guest.
- Big E recalls where he came from in order to get to where he is going in his Nigerian Drum Match against Apollo Crews at WrestleMania 37.
- The team of Carmella and Billie Kay have been added to the tag team turmoil match on night one of WrestleMania 37. The winner will go on to challenge Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler for the Tag Team Titles on night two of the event.
A brawl broke out between all of the competitors but ended quickly after Tamina and Natalya joined the fray.
I’m going to #WrestleMania .. TOMORROW!!! Good thing I stay ready!! ----— Leah Van Dale (@CarmellaWWE) April 10, 2021
- Jey Uso won the seventh annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, last eliminating Shinsuke Nakamura. Backstage (seen here) he talked about how his family is "deep in the game" and that they're ready to do it for another hundred years. As for tonight, however, he's going to celebrate with some peanut butter sandwiches.
- Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode successfully defended their SmackDown Tag Team Titles on the WrestleMania edition of SmackDown. After the match, Dolph Ziggler said The Dirty Dawgs did what they do best, and that if you want to talk trash you better have eyes in the back of your head. "There's a reason we're the best. When people yell, 'Hey champs,' two heads turn in this building; that's us."
"It's about taking opportunities. We took the opportunity to start the game a little early tonight."@RealRobertRoode & @HEELZiggler are changing their perception each and every week on #SmackDown! pic.twitter.com/2ngvAamQ9P— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) April 10, 2021
- Ahead of his Universal Title Match at WrestleMania, Roman Reigns explained how when he wins, everyone in WWE wins.
"Every single day of the week, when you prep at a 12, the 10 comes easy!"@WWERomanReigns puts in the work every day to "show up and win", and he doesn't care what you have to say about it! #SmackDown @HeymanHustle @WWEUsos pic.twitter.com/o8Wzy2uAz2— WWE (@WWE) April 10, 2021
Belair on the other hand said that when she wins the Title in the Main Event of WrestleMania, it'll be the greatEST night of her life.
- Sonya Deville told Adam Pearce that she believes the Universal Title Match at WrestleMania should be a singles match between Edge and Roman Reigns.
- Edge cut a promo on his WrestleMania opponents, saying that Daniel Bryan used sympathy to weasel his way into the match and that Roman Reigns is nothing more than the Samoan Edge. He also talked about how he had to rip his career back out of fate's hands.
- Tamina looked poised to defeat Nia Jax in singles action, but the match ended in a disqualification after she was attacked by Shayna Baszler. Natalya jumped in to defend her tag team partner. Natalya and Tamina will be competing in a Tag Team Turmoil Match at WrestleMania to try and earn a shot at the Champs in Night Two of the Annual Spectacular.
- Daniel Bryan opened WrestleMania SmackDown with an impassioned promo where he talked about the "Yes movement," always being told "No," and how Edge and Roman Reigns will be getting the very best version of himself on Sunday.