Here is your post-AEW Dynamite fight size update for Wednesday, January 12, 2022.
- Adam Cole, joined by Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, came to the ring to open the show and discussed his standing as the #1 ranked competitor in the men's division. They were then joined by the Young Bucks who were upset that they weren't also invited to the ring. Orange Cassidy and Best Friends then interrupted, and a fight broke out between the two factions. Britt Baker also made an appearance, coming to the aid of Adam Cole. They even shared a kiss at the end of the segment and will face Orange Cassidy and Kris Statlander in mixed tag action next week.
- CM Punk defeated Wardlow after MJF demanded he hit another powerbomb instead of ending the match when he was in complete control. Wardlow appeared ready to attack MJF after the match when Max got in his face, but Shawn Spears came out and separated them. MJF announced later that Spears would be facing Punk next week.
- Dante Martin was able to defeat Powerhouse Hobbs thanks to a helping hand from Jay Lethal, who came out and evened the odds when Ricky Starks got on the apron and tried to interfere in the outcome of the match.
- Hangman Page came to the ring to issue a challenge to everyone in the back, but was interrupted by Dan Lambert who took issue with the AEW Champion calling himself a cowboy. Their exchange ended suddenly when Lance Archer made his surprise return and attacked Page. The Murderhawk Monster had been out of action since late-October 2021.
- Brock Anderson and Lee Johnson will face FTR next week after accepting their open challenge following a backstage confrontation in which they claimed they could honor the Anderson name more than Arn's son ever could.
- Serena Deeb attacked Hikaru Shida during her entrance and relentlessly attacked her knee. This assault continued once the bell rang and, eventually, the referee called for a stop to the action when it seemed as though Shida couldn't defend herself anymore.
- After defeating Matt Hardy, Penta called out Malakai Black, who quickly confronted him in the ring. Black was then attacked by Penta and the Varsity Blonds, but got a helping hand from a debuting Brody King.
- The Acclaimed remain the #1 ranked Tag Team following their victory over Bear Country. They were attacked by Sting and Darby Allin after the match and will face the duo next Wednesday on Dynamite.
- Sammy Guevara defeated Daniel Garcia to retain the interim TNT Championship. After the match, Eddie Kingston and Chris Jericho, who were both in Sammy's corner, helped fight off an attack from Garcia and 2point0. The show went off the air with Eddie and Jericho arguing and almost coming to blows.