Things are not fine in ROH.
On Thursday, PWInsider reported Joey Mercury and Ring of Honor had parted ways in what was described as a "mutually agreed upon decision." Mercury had been working as trainer at the ROH Dojo since May 2018 and joined the creative team and worked as a producer since February 2019.
Taking to social media on Friday, Mercury shared major details on the behind the scenes issues in ROH, putting ROH GM Greg Gilleland on blast for his treatment of talent, among other things. You can view the tweets below, but to summarize:
- Mercury accuses ROH of providing an unsafe working environment for talent, pointing out "No security, no medical staff, no women on creative, worst looking wrestling on or off TV."
- Claims Shane Taylor will not be re-signed on January 1, but Taylor had not been informed of this decision.
- Accuses Gilleland of not taking proper care of Jay Lethal after his arm was broken during the Honor United tour.
- Reveals why ROH's relationship with Alex Shelley has fallen apart.
- Calls Gilleland a "liability" who is "inexperienced and unqualified to generate revenue in his field." Also accuses Gilleland of taking advantage of Bandido.
- Calls out Gilleland and ROH for not implementing proper concussion protocol and accuses of Gilleland of allowing Kelly Klein to travel to South Africa to wrestle despite having a "brain injury."
- Recalls treating Flip Gordon's elbow dislocation with the help of Bandido and Brody King instead of ROH providing proper care.
- Shows proof that Gilleland accuses Mercury of being "high at shows" and responds by wondering why he wasn't given a drug test.
- Accuses guys from GVP and SBG of asking him for his prescribed medications.
- "Hypothetically," says the contracts of Taylor and Bandido expire on Jan. 1 while PJ Black's contract expires on Feb. 1.
- Recalls the "be a fan" incident with Bully Ray and criticizes ROH for not having security and putting Ray in that position.
****HYPOTHETICALLY ***— mercury in retrograde (@JOEYnRetrograde) November 1, 2019
Sh!t left that part out. Everything typed is hypothetical.
What if free agents were
--ane Taylor 1/1
Dr PJ Black, MD 2/1
and then they were allowed to (or even made aware) of improving quality of life- prolly oughta, no? Worth a looksie?
Remember when that deal in the Pacific Northwest went down? I’m surprised security let that fan stay and watch the rest of the show.... oh yeah... no security!... Duh... I was also disappointed a respected veteran was forced to make a judgement call- and THAT was called into ????— mercury in retrograde (@JOEYnRetrograde) November 1, 2019
When Fightful reached out to Gilleland, he stated "With utmost respect for the media, we decline to comment."
However, Gilleland did send Mercury a message, asking him to stop divulging confidential information and private conversations.
When I admit I am in the wrong, I learn. I don’t know it all. Humility is useful. I’ve learned every hour of my life. I’m under no contract. If you aren’t able to say something to someone’s face like a big boy, then you probably need to build character 1st. Discontinue yours, too pic.twitter.com/bShi91NIyn— mercury in retrograde (@JOEYnRetrograde) November 1, 2019
Fightful will provide more details as they are known.