Here is your fight-size update for Sunday, May 16, 2021.
- After defeating El Phantasmo at Under Siege, Josh Alexander praised the Bullet Club member but took exception with him saying that he only won because they were fighting on an IMPACT show. Alexander says he will gladly face El Phantasmo on NJPW turf anytime he'd like.
- Goldberg was at UFC 262 and had a couple of memorable photo ops, first by putting a headlock on Matt Serra and then by carrying Bruce Buffer on his shoulders.
Been a long time since I’ve seen WWE Superstar Bill Goldberg, who has a unique way of saying hello & sharing brotherly love to an old friend -- Always fun to talk & laugh away with Bill... Never change Champ -- Cheers -- #BUFFLIFE-- pic.twitter.com/ZHTTjfcuad— Bruce Buffer (@brucebuffer) May 16, 2021
- Dave Bautista tweeted his support to the WWE performers ahead of WrestleMania Backlash by writing the following:
"Wishing good luck to all the WWE Superstars competing tonight at #WMBacklash. Sorry I couldn’t make it … but some of my friends will. #ArmyOfTheDead @WWE"
- Thea Trinidad appeared on Facebook Watch’s “At Home With The Robertsons.” The full episode can be seen below. In it, she discusses her love for video games and also shows the hosts some wrestling moves.
- Per Deadline, NBC announced that it will air a special holiday episode of Young Rock this coming holiday season. Season two of Young Rock is set to debut in midseason (January or later). The holiday special will be a standalone episode not connected to Season 1 or Season 2.
- Chris Bey shared a video of Vince McMahon laughing after being given rolling papers by RVD at the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony.
His laugh got me WEAK https://t.co/vS5eYGhnOt— Chris Bey (@DashingChrisBey) May 16, 2021
- Watch as a panel of guests build their dream Backlash card. Via WWE's YouTube Channel.
- Appearing on WWE's The Bump ahead of WrestleMania Backlash, Dolph Ziggler was asked what the celebration will look like if he and Robert Roode successfully retain their belts. He said the following:
"My favorite part is we do what we do best in the ring and we leave, and whether we're frustrated or angry or however, even when we come out on top, I'll be made about one little mistake that I can fix for next time. That's why we are the supreme athletes that we are. But then you finish and you turn it off and you go party at Hooters, and we back it up there as well."
Furthermore, he talked about how he and Robert are accomplished singles and tag team competitors with years of experience in the ring. He notes that Rey Mysterio has even more of those than both of them. He doesn't have to hate Rey just because we perceive him as a good guy. As for Dominik, however, well, The Showoff says, "We all love Dominik." He doesn't see any scenario in which they're unsuccessful in retaining their titles at WrestleMania Backlash.
- Check out WWE.com's collection of the week's 25 coolest Instagram shots.
- Sheamus took a lighthearted jab at John Cena on Twitter, sharing a photo of the two and calling himself the greatest United States Champion in history.
Here’s a picture of the GREATEST United States Champion and John Cena pic.twitter.com/YqVZgNolnD— Sheamus (@WWESheamus) May 15, 2021
- Xia Brookside is celebrating the 6 year anniversary of her debut in wrestling. She shared a photo and thanked everyone who has stood by her during this journey.
- Peacock is offering new subscribers one month of their premium service for $0.99. During the trial period, WWE fans will be able to watch Wrestlemania Backlash (5/16) and NXT Takeover: In Your House (6/13). The offer expires today.
- In a sneak peek of the WWE Icons Special about RVD, the WWE Hall of Famer talks about how winning the ECW World Television Championship from Bam Bam Bigelow launched him to superstardom.
An Icons aftershow special featuring RVD, Riddle, and D-Von Dudley is also available to watch on the WWE Network.
- The newest WWE Top 10 takes a look back at the best returns for members of the Anoa’i family. Watch here.
- The Best of Saturday Night’s Main Event (2011)
- Rey Mysterio: The Life Of A Masked Man
- Santino’s Royal Rumble Lottery Spectacular
- The Kliq: The Most Influential Matches and Moments
- The Shield’s Final Chapter
Join Alexa Bliss live on TikTok for a WWE Watch Party this Monday
We’re going live from Alexa’s Playground, and our social media producers may never be the same.
This Monday, May 17 at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT, Alexa Bliss will be rewatching her match against Randy Orton from WWE Fastlane, and you can watch along.
Alexa will share insights and stories while revisiting her twisted battle with The Viper. She will also interact with the WWE Universe, taking questions and comments from the live chat on TikTok. No word yet on what Lilly’s involvement will be.
To join the WWE Watch Party, visit WWE’s official TikTok channel on Monday, May 17, at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT, and queue up Alexa’s match against Orton from WWE Fastlane on Peacock in the U.S. and WWE Network elsewhere. Follow Alexa’s lead from there, and hit play when she tells you.
This is one party you don’t want to miss.
- Mick Foley shared his reaction to the Brian Pillman episode of Dark Side of the Ring, revealing that he dropped Pillman off at the hotel where he died and that he was his scheduled opponent at the event he didn't make it to.
I finally got the chance to watch the Pillman episodes of @DarkSideOfRing ...my eyes were glued to the screen.— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) May 16, 2021
It hit me hard. I dropped Brian off at the hotel he died in, and was his scheduled opponent for the PPV event he never made it to. pic.twitter.com/y6J6EsL2Dr
Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.