Here is your Fight Size Update for Sunday, July 11, 2021.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions featuring Kevin Nash is no longer being promoted on WWE.com. Furthermore, it is no longer listed on the upcoming release schedule. It was originally scheduled to be released today.
- On Wednesday, Karl Anderson will challenge Jon Moxley for the IWGP US Championship. The Good Brother sent Moxley a message ahead of their match.
I’m serious.— The Machine Gun (@MachineGunKA) July 10, 2021
I’m gonna beat the fuck out of #JonMoxley next Wednesday on Dynamite.
What the fuck do I have to lose? Nothing.
New York n Michael Hayes attempted to bury me, didn’t work..
I’m already a #Legend , #G1Final2012 @njpw1972
Let’s fuckin Go @AEW @IMPACTWRESTLING
- The All Night Long podcast recently spoke with former WWE Superstar Killian Dain. During the discussion, Dain spoke about the praise he and his fellow competitors received for the Ladder Match to crown the inaugural NXT North American Champion. Here is what he said:
“The NXT ladder match, the praise we got after that was awesome. We all put our bodies on the line. It was the first time I had to get therapy on my shoulder after that. Some of the moves were insane, stupid, probably. It was Ricochet’s first match and we had to make a big deal there. EC3, we had to try and make him — he wasn’t a moves guy — but it was his debut and we had to make it important, which is different because he’s a character and great on the mic. We tried to get his personality across early and get moments for him to shine where he’s an asshole. Lars Sullivan was the monster and we had to balance things. That was a little harder because there were different pressures. Everyone was so willing to take from everyone. We had an idea and we tried to think of ways it would suit everybody. We tried not to make it so obvious, but just making cool moments and not making it too over the top or too planned. We did our best and were blown away by the positivity after. It’s a testament to everyone in the match. I watched it back and was like, ‘Oh my God, I’ll never do that again.’ [Laughs]. Would I do a ladder match again? Absolutely, no problem. I don’t know if I would go butt first through a ladder again. That was insane.”
- The newest WWE Top 10 takes a look at Money in the Bank Ladder Match victories.
- Natalya wisher her husband, TJ Wilson, a happy birthday!
Happy birthday @TJWilson! To one of the most loyal, kind, FUNNY, hardworking, passionate and REAL people I’ve ever known. I’m so proud of how much you’ve done in your life. Here’s to many more amazing moments to come-- pic.twitter.com/RI0y3uiUYd— Nattie (@NatbyNature) July 11, 2021
- WWE celebrated Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks' ESPY win. Click here to see tweets and photos from the winners and reactions from other members of the WWE Universe.
- Drew McIntyre's new Shark Week show is now available to stream on Discovery +.
- Naomi has deactivated her Twitter account. Multiple other WWE Superstars have tweeted their love and support for the former Women's Champion. Fightful will keep you updated should she make a statement on the matter.
Naomi, you are loved. --@NaomiWWE— The HBIC (@MiaYim) July 10, 2021
- Jonathan Gresham has been announced for Day 2 of GCW Homecoming.
*HOMECOMING UPDATE*— GameChangerWrestling (@GCWrestling_) July 11, 2021
Just Signed for Day 2:
JANELA vs ATTICUS
RUCKUS vs TANKMAN
CEZAR BONONI Debuts!
Watch LIVE on @FiteTV:https://t.co/TZDVjwG3lK pic.twitter.com/CjQuGA0jTt
- Shawn Spears shared a video of himself in the background of one of his wife, Cassie Lee's TikTok videos.
- Former WCW and WWE referee Nick Patrick was recently a guest on Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw and commented on meeting Vince McMahon for the very first time. He said the following:
“None of the boys knew anything. I don’t know what Ole [Anderson], [Jim] Barnett, and those guys knew. But they didn’t let on to any of the guys. [It] was like a normal business day, only they weren’t there. What I used to do when I got there. . . I used to go stand in the control room and I would listen to the director. . . I’m in the control room listening to the [director] and Vince was sitting there. And I didn’t know who he was. I had no clue. I had never seen him. I had heard of Vince Sr., but I had never heard of him. But I saw him, and I didn’t even introduce myself. I had no idea who he was. I thought he was a Turner executive or something and I didn’t want to bother him.
“What a mistake, huh? Damn. I could’ve got my foot in the door right then. But I’m a young green dumb*ss, what the hell do I even know? So I’m going on at work, and the next thing you know they had told us that they were there, that they were taking over. . . and they offered everybody a job that wanted to come and be there. But it would entail probably moving. I, at the time, was loyal to my people. They were starting me wrestling there too at the same time. I went ahead and stayed with Ole [Anderson] and those guys. Plus, I had no idea who Vince was. I knew he was some guy from New York, but I had no clue the significance of the role he would play in our industry.”
- Moose invades Swinger's Palace, Kimber Lee makes a deal with the devil, Deonna Purrazzo issues an open challenge, and much more in these exclusive scenes from backstage at IMPACT!