Karl Fredericks won't be a part of the final three shows for NJPW's New Beginning USA tour.
NJPW announced that Fredericks suffered a right shoulder and won't be wrestling for the remainder of the promotion's trip to the United States. The 2019 Young Lion Cup winner had already wrestled on both of the tour's first two shows on January 24 and 26.
Karl Fredericks has suffered an injury to his right shoulder, and as a result will not be able to compete on the remainder of the New Beginning USA tour as of January 27.
Changes have been made to the remaining three nights of the tour, with the details outlined below.
Karl and NJPW would like to apologise to fans who were looking forward to seeing him compete. We appreciate your understanding.
With the announcement, changes to every card for the remainder of the tour have been made. Here are the new matches that NJPW announced will take place as a result of Fredericks' injury. The rest of the shows' matches that are not listed below will go on as planned prior to the changes.
January 27 (Durham, North Carolina):
- Misterioso vs. Yujiro Takahashi
- Yuji Nagata & Satoshi Kojima vs. Alex Coughlin & TJP
- Jeff Cobb vs. Clark Connors
- YOSHI-HASHI, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Jado, Chase Owens, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
January 30 (Pembroke Pines, Florida):
- TJP & Yuji Nagata vs. Misterioso & YOSHI-HASHI
- Satoshi Kojima vs. Alex Coughlin
February 1 (Atlanta, Georgia):
- Yuji Nagata & Satoshi Kojima vs. Alex Coughlin & Ren Narita
This isn't the first injury that has impacted the tour as Kota Ibushi went down with influenza and couldn't even make the trip to the United States.
FIghtful will have results of every show of the tour and you can check out results of past shows on Fightful's results section.