"The Rainmaker" is coming back to Mexico.
The longest reigning IWGP Heavyweight Champion in history Kazuchika Okada has been booked for CMLL's event on August 17th at 'Arena Mexico'. "The Rainmaker" is coming off of a grueling G1 Climax 28 tournament showing as he made it to the finals of the tournament in hopes of getting his hands on the IWGP Heavyweight Championship once again. Okada made it to the A-block finals of the G1 but was unsuccessful in his attempt to become champion again as he lost to Hiroshi Tanahashi by way of a draw.
Okada's first bout coming out of the G1 will be this forthcoming CMLL event where he will be teaming up with Ultimo Guerrero and Negro Casas to take on Caristico, Mistico and El Valiente. This is not Okada's first rodeo in Mexico but this will be his first time competing for CMLL. Okada was trained by former two-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Ultimo Dragon at Ultimo Dragon's 'Toryumon' professional wrestling school and after graduating from the school Okada went on to compete in Mexico for the embryotic years of his career.
"The Rainmaker" will be live in action this upcoming Friday and here's the full lineup for the event:
1) Volador Jr., Matt Taven & King Phoenix vs. Rush, Cavernario & La Bestia del Ring
2) Kazuchika Okada, Ultimo Guerrero & Negro Casas vs. Caristico, Mistico & El Valiente
3) Lighting Match (10 Minute Time-Limit) - El Audaz vs. Forastero
4) Atlantis, Diamante Azul & Kraneo vs. Gran Guerrero, Euforia & Rey Bucanero
5) Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa & Blue Panther Jr. vs. Dragon Rojo Jr., Polvora & Okumura
6) Super Astro Jr. & Oro Jr. vs. Disturbio & Yago
As mentioned, Okada lost in the A-block finals to Hiroshi Tanahashi and to find out if Tanahashi went the distance in this year's G1, click here.