Here is your fight-size update for Friday, January 15th, 2021:
- Kevin Nash recently defended WWE's handling of the COVID pandemic as an article questioned the regular use of Ric Flair in today's climate.
Saw this in a Google feed. The story says the @WWE doesn't do a adequate job Covid testing. Complete bullshit. Everytime I'm involved I've been quarantined in a hotel room after being tested then brought to the arena. I was positive and sent directly to my home to quarantine pic.twitter.com/RJhaYycLiA— Kevin Nash (@RealKevinNash) January 15, 2021
- MSK, the former Zachary Wentz and Dezmond Xavier react to their WWE debut. Ember Moon even chimes in saying that she's so proud of seeing how far the pairing has come.
- Speaking to Sports Illustrated, AJ Styles said he respects Adam Pearce's hustle and journey to WWE.
“I have a different appreciation for guys who took the long way,” AJ said. “I definitely took the long route to WWE. I know what it’s like to be there on the independents. You’re always trying to make new fans and make it to the WWE. For me, the best part of my career was going through the independent scene.
“People who aren’t familiar with the independent scene may not know this, but Adam can get after it. It will be interesting to see if he’ll get to do some stuff in that match. I am as curious as anyone is as to what is going to happen.”
- Virgil was promoting his Cameo recently and advised fans not to hog him all at once because it's a ball of fun.
I love @BookCameo it’s always a ball of fun. I’m never a dick like other celebs. So here’s a Tip: don’t HOG all of me and give your loved ones a special day and grab a piece of my beef. I always stay a head of the curve. Book me today pic.twitter.com/0sGFwVT52C— Virgil (@TheRealVirgil) January 15, 2021
- According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, all contracts of "pushed" MLW talents are slated for three to five years.
- In a new interview with Sportskeeda, Kiera Hogan stated her lofty golden goals for 2021.
"I look up to someone very particular when it comes to titleholders. And, that is Ms. Gail Kim. Gail Kim held both the Knockouts tag titles and the Knockouts title at the same time.That is my goal for this year. That is my goal for 2021. I plan to be the one that does that. All I have to do first is win these tag team titles on January 16th at Hard to Kill, and prove that I'm hard to kill."
- In spite of a backstage attack, ACH will still challenge Jacob Fatu for the MLW World Heavyweight Championship on January 20.
ACH vs. Fatu for World Title this Wednesday
World Heavyweight Champion Jacob Fatu vs. ACH for the championship this Wednesday, January 20 at 7pm ET on MLW’s flagship weekly series, FUSION, available on YouTube, Fubo Sports, DAZN, and the Roku Channel. Learn more about where to watch.
ACH has waited his whole life for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Come this Wednesday the Austin, Texas native will realize his dream as he looks to capture the World Championship from the undefeated and seemingly unstoppable Jacob Fatu.
ACH nearly had his dance with destiny dashed by unknown assailants, who attacked him outside his private gym last night.
ACH was treated and is recovering at home but has confirmed he will sign any medical waivers and will stay the course and compete this Wednesday night.
MLW and local authorities continue to investigate the assault on ACH.
Standing in front of ACH’s hopes of championship gold is the CONTRA kingpin. Holding the coveted title since July 2019, Jacob Fatu has defeated the best from Mexico, Japan and all points in-between.
Fatu holds the distinction of most World Heavyweight Championship title defenses in league history.
Meanwhile, the #1 ranked Alex Hammerstone remains entangled with “The Black Hand of CONTRA” Mads Krügger. Krügger has vowed to stop Hammerstone from pursuing Fatu’s World Heavyweight Championship.
Will ACH be healthy enough to wrestle the title away from Fatu? Will Fatu’s dominance prove to be too much for the tenacious Texan?
Find out this Wednesday on MLW FUSION at 7pm ET on YouTube, Fubo Sports and the Roku Channel.
Fans can also watch nationwide on cable and dish via beIN SPORTS on Saturday nights at 10pm ET and on demand anytime, anywhere on DAZN.
- WWE stock today closed at $50.83 a share
- News is always breaking on our premium Fightful Select service. Subscribe to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube