Kongo Kong addresses allegations of assault.
Independent wrestler Kyle Boone accused Kongo Kong of assaulting him when he was 19. In his statement, Boone said he was scolded by Kong for messing up a spot and was then upset Boone didn't sell his chokeslam enough. Boone claims Kong told him, "either show me your dick, or give me the money you made off of your merch." Boone says people were watching and laughing as it went on for 20 minutes before Boone opened his tights, at which point Kong said he didn't see anything. Boone would also claim that Kong still took his merch money and his booking money for screwing up the spot and selling. Boone allegedly got on his knees to beg for forgiveness before Kong handed him the money back.
In response to the allegation, Kong posted the following messages, claiming it wasn't uncommon to rib rookies back then and apologizing as it wasn't his intention to hurt or scar Boone.
since then and up until now gave no indication that there was any animosity between us as it was all hugs and smiles, that I knew of. We've even worked together since then, at my request and you were taken care of during said matches. If I had any clue that you felt like that,— Kongo Kong (@RealKongoKong) June 21, 2020
then I definitely would have squashed it then. As I told all of you young ones I only pick on people I like and see something in. Again, never my intention to hurt or scar you by any means and I sincerely apologize. I hope we can hash this out between us like adults.— Kongo Kong (@RealKongoKong) June 21, 2020
Boone has not publicly responded to Kong's message.
Kong most recently wrestled at the IWA Mid-South show on Friday, June 19.
Fightful will continue to update fans on the story as more is known.