Kushida vs. Roderick Strong isn't happening on Tuesday's NXT.
NXT General Manager William Regal announced that Kushda is not medically cleared to compete and won't be defending his NXT Cruiserweight Title against Roderick Strong on the August 17 episode of NXT.
Strong will still be in action in a Diamond Mine open challenge.
Unfortunately after a medical examination, officials learned @KUSHIDA_0904 is not cleared to compete tonight. When I informed @Malcolmvelli and @roderickstrong, they expressed Roderick’s desire to compete.— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) August 17, 2021
Therefore, #WWENXT will begin with a #DiamondMine open challenge.
I'm sorry for everyone who was looking forward to tonight title match. Did not cleared the medical. I can't do anything and I'm just stunned...— KUSHIDA (@KUSHIDA_0904) August 17, 2021
I promise to be back on TV soon.
Thank you for your support--@WWENXT
Here is the current lineup for the August 17 episode of NXT:
NXT - August 17
- Diamond Mine Open Challenge
- NXT Tag Team Championships: MSK (Wes Lee & Nash Carter) (c) vs. Imperium (Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel)
- Samoa Joe and Karrion Kross face-to-face.
- NXT Breakout Tournament Semifinal: Carmelo Hayes vs. Duke Hudson
- Dexter Lumis & Indi Hartwell vs. Jessi Kamea & Robert Stone
- Raquel Gonzalez and Dakota Kai interview segment.
- Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly Prime Target
Fightful will have live coverage of NXT beginning at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday.