WWE Backstage Report (1/21)
- Paige and CM Punk enter Royal Rumble style. Paige jokes she's going to enter the Men's Rumble at #2, eliminate Brock, and then eliminate Punk, who will enter #30. Punk also jokes about being in the Rumble. Says he's been training.
- A recap of the week in WWE.
- Punk says the tag team titles are often "a prop. A certain someone doesn't like tag teams." He likes that they are in a main angle. Gives Rollins & Murphy as champions a thumbs up. Christian says he is now the Backstage Buddha if Rollins is the Monday Night Messiah. Paige was hoping an actual team would win the titles. Punk jokes "it should have been two guys who didn't get along."
- Christian praises Andrade for his performance in the ladder match. Is glad they aren't doing ladder matches every week on Raw. Paige loves Zelina Vega. Punk also loves Zelina because she played AJ Lee in 'Fighting With My Family.' Punk says there's a lack of managers and Zelina brings a different flavor.
- Paige says the Becky/Asuka feud has been done "perfectly." She thinks Asuka should win at the Rumble. Punk loves Asuka and finds her as the perfect foil for Becky and wants it to continue past the Rumble.
- Becky Lynch has arrived. Becky talks about becoming The Man. Punk mentions the "iconic" photo of Becky with the busted nose before Survivor Series. Becky says the character is easy because it is her and her frustrations. She discusses using social media to progress her story. Becky recalls her last match for seven years against Paige's mom, managing Paige and Saraya in SHIMMER, and cutting a promo in SHIMMER with Punk standing there.
- Becky praises Asuka. Says she wants to make her a monster.
- Triple H and Mick Foley recall their Royal Rumble 2000 street fight.
- Christian says HHH/Foley was a "sell out at the curtain."
- Punk says his match against John Cena on Raw in Houston was the match he's most proud of. Calls it his "flu match" and praises the crowd for carrying him through because he was so sick. Calls Cena "one of the best dance partners I've ever had." Calls it his WrestleMania since the Undertaker match wasn't planned at this point.
- Paige is most proud of her SummerSlam 2014 match against AJ Lee because she wanted to protect AJ, so AJ didn't take a single bump.
- Becky is most proud of the Evolution match against Charlotte and Hell in a Cell against Sasha Banks.
- Punk thinks Keith Lee should win the Men's Royal Rumble. Says the moment with Roman Reigns feels like two years ago. "Chuck Brock over the top and lets go." Paige thinks Otis should win the Rumble. Christian thinks Brock should win.
- Paige thinks Kairi Sane should win the Women's Rumble. Punk is going with Sasha Banks. And Christian is going with Shayna Baszler.
- A quick tribute to Rocky Johnson and a clip from The Rock's Instagram video.
- Becky thinks the best thing for the women's division is to eliminate the term "women's." Doesn't think gender should be an issue at this point. Punk looks at the different women and is excited to see the different representation. Says it's not that they're not just "pieces of ass."
- Becky discusses the depth of the women's division on Raw and SmackDown.
- Becky wore Asuka's green mist better than Paige according to the poll results.
And that's the show.