Maki Itoh held a press conference on March 16 (March 17 in Japan) where she discussed her time in the United States and more.
Highlights from the press conference (translated by DDT Pro) are below.
- Itoh discussed her time in AEW, saying everyone was nice and she made friends with Lance Archer, John Silver, and Evil UNO. She also noted all of her meals were Dunkin Donuts and Taco Bell, but the UBER Eats forgot her Mountain Dew. She will avenge her frustration. Dunkin Donuts did get the order right. Paul Wight was also a big fan of her theme.
- She said the AEW experience was good as she overcame tight schedules and language barriers.
- She said she had trouble entering the US due to COVID and poor treatment from immigrations.
- She will miss the March 21 TJPW due to quarantine but will return on March 27.
- She challenged Rika Tatsumi for the Princess of Princess Title on April 17.
Itoh made her AEW debut in the AEW Women's Title Eliminator Tournament, losing to Ryo Mizunami in the first round. She made a surprise appearance at AEW Revolution as the tag team partner of Britt Baker. Her last AEW appearance came on AEW Dark: Elevation where she lost to Riho in the main event. She also made a guest appearance on Being The Elite.
Following the match against Riho, Itoh revealed she would be returning to Japan.