Here is your fight size update for Thursday, May 6, 2021:
- Newest WWE Raw Superstar, Mansoor recently stated in an interview with Sportskeeda that Randy Orton has been great about giving guidance to him as well as some other top superstars from Monday Night Raw.
"Someone who has been really, really generous to me has been Randy Orton. He’s someone who… it’s very intimidating to go up to a guy like Randy Orton who has done so much and accomplished so much in WWE. And he’s just so incredibly approachable and kind and always offers honest feedback. Most of the locker room has been really amazing about that, you know? After my matches or after anything, I’ll go to the back and anybody who is watching the monitor, I’ll always ask them how I did and, you know, and Randy’s been great for that."
- In today's main event of NXT UK, Kenny Williams defeated Amir Jordan and forced Amir Jordan to leave the brand. WWE digital caught up with both who had starkly different reactions
- Speaking with Chris Van Vliet, QT Marshall opened up about the brand running unopposed on Wednesday nights. Chris Van Vliet sent these quotes:
“Firstly, I think it’s exciting because there’s going to be more eyes on our product. But also, MTV Challenge, I didn’t know it was a thing. They have the top spot on TV every week and we are competing with them. I just think we need to give people the best product and get people interested in what we are doing. In our stories, characters and personalities. Just hope each fan will watch and tell a friend.”
“Our objective is clear. Stack up ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Bruno Sammartino—these Mount Rushmore names that are beyond iconic—stack them all up together and they won’t be able to reach the level that Roman Reigns will accomplish. That’s the goal here. I say that as a hype artist; I say that as the ‘special counsel’ to the ‘Tribal Chief,’ but there is no hype in that hyperbole—it’s what they call a shoot.”
- Sammy Guevara is showing the wounds of war following Blood & Guts.
- In an interview with the Two Man Power Trip Of Wrestling podcast, Kwee Wee, Allan Funk, reflected on meeting Randy Savage. TMPT Empire sent the following quote:
I met him through Brian Adams who I was friends with in WCW, and later on when he was doing his Rap album he would fly be down to be in some of his videos. Brian and Macho were always hanging out so they would call me to join them. There was a time when he invited me to this big party that the owner of his record company was throwing. So he takes me down to this room, and it was like the Holy Grail must be behind this door with the way he was acting. He opens the doors, points his pinky finger like he does on TV, and goes, “Boom! Kayfabe Sandwiches brother!” (laughs). I was popping so hard, I wish I had a video camera and taped all the stuff he would say.
- WALTER is the next guest on WWE After The Bell:
WALTER, one of the most dominant champions in WWE history, makes his way to WWE After the Bell this week.
With an NXT United Kingdom Championship reign surpassing 760 days, The Ring General is seemingly unstoppable. But what was WALTER like before he was mauling the opposition in NXT UK? Tomorrow, the Imperium powerhouse opens up to Corey Graves and Vic Joseph about his earliest wrestling memories, making a name for himself across Europe, being compared to such prolific champions as Bruno Sammartino and Hulk Hogan, dream opponents in WWE and much more.
WWE After the Bell drops every Friday. Listen and subscribe on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $54.96 per share today.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.