- This is your usual Smackdown opening where it takes 15 minutes to say one thing.
- AJ Styles says he'll hold the WWE title through Mania.
- Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon are out to the ring, and Shane apologizes to AJ Styles, but says Bryan has a kinship with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.
- AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn, with DB and Shane at ringside. That was the point.
Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship
Usos defeated Training Day
- Usos vs. Briscoes is a legit dream match for me right now.
- The Usos have gotten into such good shape.
- This match starts off hot with a big suplex and moonsault from Training Day. It slows down during the break and picks right back up.
- The Uso slide into a hot tag is great. They have a nice dive, too.
- Training Day hit their finish for the win! That was way, way, way, WAY too short. There's a beef. The wrong man was counted.
- We've restarted after a commercial and Training Day get beaten with superkicks and an Uso Splash.
- This was good, but the two commercial breaks and the restart really put a damper on everything. Ultimately it took the audience on a ride, so it's all good.
- Ascension run out and get beaten up. Aight den.
United States Championship Tournament Opening Round
Xavier Woods (w/ New Day) defeated Aiden English (w/ Rusev)
- New Day give Xavier Woods a pancake-cake. He's confronted by Rusev Day.
- Rusev sings a song about Aiden English. What a good friend.
- Sometimes it's easy to forget how good of a worker Xavier Woods is. He hit a rack backbreaker, it ruled.
- Aiden English has modified the Widowmaker to a seated version. It's gotta finish people sometime.
- It's really good WWE didn't get rid of English with Gotch.
- Woods wins with a flying Elbow drop. Jinder Mahal was watching from backstage.
- Xavier ate pant-cakes.
Riott Squad defeated Welcoming Committee (w/ Lana)
- The Welcoming Committee is back. Jesus. I cared so little about Welcoming Committee that if you had asked me the stable name of these three, I'd have looked at you confused.
- Tom Phillips interrupts his color commentators to say "OOH!"
- I'm not sure what Sarah Logan's finish is, but it looks like shit. The paint around the eyes for Logan is a good touch.
- Ruby Riott reveals that Logan and Liv Morgan are in the Rumble match in a rather good promo.
- Charlotte interrupts and brings out Naomi and then Becky Lynch. They attack Riott Squad.
Sami Zayn (w/ Kevin Owens) vs. AJ Styles (w/ Shane McMahon)
- What does this match mean? Are we going to get Styles vs. Owens vs. Zayn at the Rumble? Eventually these good matches do need to mean something. I suspect it will after tonight.
- Blue Thunder Bomb, Deep Six, or Aiden's Widowmaker? Which will finish an opponent next?
- I like Zayn's new gear. He also fights off a Calf Crusher forever.
- Howling at the ref taking a bump while avoiding taking a bump. He's late to catch Styles' pin.
- Shane McMahon pushes Kevin Owens down, and KO gets ejected. Then Daniel Bryan ejects Shane McMahon!
- Styles is distracted and Zayn gets the Helluva Kick for the win!
- Styles yells at Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan for acting like children.
- Styles vs. Zayn & Kevin Owens for the WWE Title in a handicap match at the Rumble!