- I can't believe they replayed this dog shit promo at the top of Smackdown.
- King Corbin comes out to join Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode. The crowd boos King Corbin heavily.
- As long as the crowd makes noise for Corbin, WWE will keep thinking content like last week's promo is good.
- Corbin says that he proved last week that this is no longer Roman Reigns' yard and by ROYAL DECREE he demands that he's the captain of Team Smackdown at Survivor Series.
- Corbin isn't happy with Ali and Shorty G being on his team.
- This is such a generic promo. King Corbin keeps throwing in some royal terminology.
- Corbin welcomes "The Big Dog" down, and a mascot comes out. He bows to Corbin.
Winners are on Team Smackdown at Survivor Series
Ali & Shorty G defeated Ziggler & Roode
- But really, why isn't Roman Reigns out there to support Ali and Shorty G, or does he not give a shit?
- Finally Roman Reigns came out. He had to appropriately wet his hair or something.
- Chad Gable's gear is appropriately dragged because it is GARBAGE.
- The work here is solid, because you have four outstanding workers in the ring. It's just being outshined by all the gaga and bullshit, as they say.
- Ali superkicks Ziggler and sets up a good hot tag from Gable
- I hate the WWE SUICIDE SHOVE. Either way, Reigns ends up spearing Baron Corbin outside the ring.
- G hits a German Suplex and Ali a 450 on Ziggler to get the win and they're going on to Team Smackdown.
- If not for hammering the really stupid promos into the ground, this would have been better. But I guess they want to go the "he thinks he's funny and entertaining, but he's not funny or entertaining" route with Corbin's promos, so sure.
- Corbin says he'll fix this for Roode and Ziggler and walks away with the dog.
- Bray Wyatt is there and says something doesn't seem right.
- He turns the WWE Universal Title blue.
- It looks much better as a blue title. A necessary change considering the brand, and I think a great way to institute the change.
- The B-Team is with Drew Gulak. Gulak is showing a powerpoint presentation on replacing Braun Strowman on Team Smackdown.
- B-Team get their asses kicked and Drew Gulak escapes.
- I think Drew Gulak has been feuding with Braun for a month.
Zayn and Bryan
- Sami Zayn says he needs an answer from Daniel Bryan about whether or not he's with them or not.
- Zayn says he ran to get Nakamura to help Daniel Bryan. Bryan says he doesn't need their help and isn't joining their group.
- Bryan instead suggests Braun Strowman.
- Zayn says Strowman has nothing to over them besides being big and strong.
- Zayn turns around into Strowman and begs off.
Smackdown Tag Team Championships
New Day (c) vs. The Revival
- Wilder cuts off the ring so well, and does a powerslam to Kofi before the commercial.
- No water in the pool for Dawson on a flying elbow drop, and then Big E uranages him HARD.
- Dash has been busting out that tornado DDT a lot lately.
- The Midnight Hour gets thwarted and Dawson does the Arn Anderson punch, duck, DDT spot.
- Revival catch Kofi flying over the top rope and DESTROY HIM into the post. Big E gets sent into the announce table.
- Shatter Machine in the ring, but Kofi flies through the air, takes out everyone and breaks up the pin.
- Undisputed Era come out and attack everyone in the match and the Smackdown locker room empties out.
Heavy Machinery beat Jobbers
- You know the drill here. This is abuse.
- Corey cracks Michael Cole up with his lines on Otis.
- "You seeeeeeeeeeeeee."
- They go right at it in the ring.
- Shayna Baszler hits the ring, and Bayley leaves.
- Rhea Ripley, Tegan Nox, Dakota Kai, Mia Yim -- all of whom are feuding with Shayna, help her.
- Shayna gets attacked by Sasha Banks and a big brawl breaks out.
- Sasha lays down a challenge RIGHT NOW.
Team Smackdown (Sasha Banks, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Carmella) defeated Team NXT (Tegan Nox, Rhea Ripley, Dakota Kai & Mia Yim)
- I can't believe Mia Yim is wrestling two days later.
- None of the NXT women look out of their depth here.
- Rhea Ripley has such a main event presence, but slipped a time or two.
- There was a great tilt-a-whirl into a suplex from Ripley on Banks.
- Dakota Kai's kick looked AWESOME from that angle.
- Nikki Cross pins Nox with The Purge.
- All hell breaks loose and Sonya runs out to help Smackdown.
- I think WWE running two team based PPVs in back to back nights made for a really confusing scenario to a lot of people watching.
- I think it would have made a lot more sense to have WarGames in January or something. The NXT women could have lost, and played the blame game, with Shayna crafting her own team and them squaring off after the fact instead of the night before they all have to team together.
- Miz goes at Daniel Bryan about his feud with the Fiend. He says Bryan doesn't know who he is anymore and he's washed up.
- Bryan says Miz TV sucks and always has.
- Miz tries to cut off Bryan and Bryan goes off on him. Bryan cuts an awesome promo.
- Bryan says Miz doesn't understand being mentally unstable to the point of doing anything to succeed, but Bray Wyatt does.
- Bray Wyatt appears on the screen for a Firefly Funhouse.
- Bryan wants to fight for the WWE Universal Championship. Bray accepts.
- Miz says it's at Survivor Series. He booking matches now!?
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5. The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones that may change upon a second viewing, or sitting on the match for a period of time. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!