Here's your fight size update for Tuesday, January 18, 2022:
- Further proving that Limp Bizkit's "My Way" makes any wrestling promo package epic, Matt Cardona shared the following on Social Media:
- Bleacher Report’s/Fightful Grapsody's Phil Lindsey, POST Wrestling’s Andrew Thompson, PWTorch.com’s Rich Fann and Cameron Hawkins, and Sporting News’ Andreas Hale join WrestleZone’s Dominic DeAngelo to talk about diversity in wrestling on the latest episode of The Hot Tag
- Former ECW World Champion The Sandman will headline Stand Alone Wrestling on 1/29.
- AEW runs Estero, Florida on Wednesday 3/9 for the post-Revolution Dynamite at the Hertz Arena. Use code: AEW239 for pre-sale tickets.
- DDP, while talking to DAZN, spoke about the evolution of wrestling athleticism:
I think it's a great time for the fans because there's so many crazy talented kids out there now. The shit they can do, they're gonna pay for it later on. But the shit they can do is crazy. The fans get it. Some of the matches are like watching a video game because there's not a lot of selling because there's no selling in a video game at all. They can go from one unbelievable move to another, and the fans love it. But they also have other matches where they're chanting for the guy or the girl. They get behind them. So there's some old school there, and there's new school, and the fans love it. So I think it works.
Me and Jeff Jarrett, we’re at one of the pay-per-views, and we were watching one of the matches that was just, ‘Oh my God.’ He looked at me, and he goes, ‘Dude, I'm so glad I worked in the 80s and 90s.’ I said, ‘Me too.’ I thought that Kenny Omega and Bryan Danielson was the match of the year until I saw Bryan Danielson and “Hangman” (Adam Page, AEW Heavyweight champion). There's been a lot of great matches. If you notice, that was a video game slowed down. They really told stories. And when you're going real-time, you got that time to do it. The guys know how to do it. They got Jake “The Snake” Roberts there, who is the greatest storyteller ever. I learned how to tell stories because of what Jake taught me.
- COVID protocols for tomorrow's AEW Dynamite:
Entry requirements for TOMORROW's #AEWDynamite & Friday's #AEWRampage events at the Entertainment & Sports Arena, Wednesday, January 19 and Friday, January 21, 2022— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) January 18, 2022
For more detailed information, please click on this link: https://t.co/ZL1Uj2ImWZ pic.twitter.com/GUGJyL6nJE
- WrestlePro Alaska announced the lineup for their third anniversary event on April 9
- WrestlePro Alaska Champion Bobby Wayward vs. Tommy Dreamer.
- WrestlePro Gold Champion Deonn Rusman vs. Dirty Dango (fka Fandango)
- Dan Maff vs. Killer Kross.
- WrestlePro Last Frontier Champion Fallah Bahh vs. Heath Miller.
- Scarlett Bordeaux vs. Freya The Slaya
- WrestlePro Alaska Tag Team Champion The Amazing Graysons vs. LSG & World Famous CB.
- WrestlePro Tag Team Champions Bear Country vs. Shawn Donavan & Traxx.
- 907 Champion Kid Money vs. AJ Radical.
- KC Navarro vs. Justin Corino
- Planet Payne Fitness & Performance vs. Zach Gowen & Bryson Axl & Auron West - Elimination Tag Team Bout.
- 907 Pro Wrestling Academy Battle Royal
- DaParty 4-ever:
"We have the best athletes (and) the best matches. Wrestling fans have waited a long time to have the kind of free agency, the kind of excitement that exists around the business and the intrigue of it. Since WCW folded about 20 years ago, that really hasn't existed.
"Something AEW has brought back is that competition, that feeling that anything could happen, any wrestler could switch. That's the real life drama around the pro wrestling business that people love, and it's coming back,"
- Allie Vlog - Hanging with Friends AEW Newark
- Thunder Rosa eats Tacos with Alex Abrahantes
“I’d love to be tag team champion just to add that notch to my belt. If it was going to be with anybody, it should be with Sami Zayn, but I think Finn Bálor would be a great partner for me, too. Beyond that, I really don’t know who I could pick. It doesn’t feel like anybody else would necessarily feel right other than either of those two. I think we could tell some great stories.”
- WWE stock traded at $52.48 per share when the market closed today.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- CM Punk v Spears + The Acclaimed v Sting & Darby + Deeb v Blue Road to Dynamite: D.C., 1/18/22