The Miz gives a non-answer to John Oliver.
This past Sunday on Last Week Tonight, John Oliver had a scathing takedown of WWE and Vince McMahon. In the 23-minute segment, Oliver criticized McMahon for not taking care of his wrestlers and signing them to deals as independent contractors instead of full-time employees. You can view the entire segment here.
With everyone in WWE making the media rounds this week, questions about Oliver's piece were bound to come up. Here's what The Miz told Sports Illustrated when asked about the segment.
"Who doesn't take shots at WWE? Especially when WrestleMania is around and all the news is about that. The way I look at what he said, I've been there for 13-plus years. I met my wife in WWE. Trust me, I live a pretty incredible life. It's not every day you get go out in front of 80,000 people and have them boo or cheer you but be interactive. We create moments that last a lifetime," said Miz. "I've gotten to perform in movies with WWE Studios, I have my own reality show. I've been so fortunate of everything WWE has given to me. Are there going to be people who are disgruntled and upset? Everyone...the thing is, what are you doing to get it? I've gotten everything I've ever wanted from WWE and more."
Once the segment was released, WWE put out a statement claiming Oliver ignored facts while also inviting him to WrestleMania.
Fightful was able to get backstage reactions from those in WWE. You can view the exclusive here.