With only a week to go until WWE 2K23 is released for those who purchase the Deluxe and Icon Editions of the game, here is a Fight Size update catching gamers up with all the WWE 2K23 information that has been released as of Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
- In WWE 2K22, MyGM Mode was reintroduced, allowing fans to take control of a brand and be the authority. In 2K23, MyGM has been updated to accommodate for 4-player gameplay and more. Brands can now have a mid-card title on their brands. SmackDown will have the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Raw stars can compete for the WWE United States Championship. For new brands, WCW and NXT 2.0, the WCW Hardcore Championship and NXT North American Titles will be available
- New match types are included in the MyGM mode as well. This year, Triple Threat, Fatal 4-Way, Steel Cage, Backstage Brawl, Falls Count Anywhere, Submission, Iron Man, Last Man Standing, and Tornado Tag matches are all selectable.
- In addition to Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon, Adam Pearce, and the option for an edited MyGM, Xavier Woods, Tyler Breeze, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, and Mick Foley are selectable GMs this year. William Regal is no longer selectable.
- UpUpDownDown has a playthrough of MyGM mode. Fans can see the video above.
- Per Sports Gamers Online, the team at Visual Concepts has added over 600 new parts for Create-A-Superstar this year.
- Advanced Customization has returned to Create-An-Entrance after a peculiar absence from WWE 2K22. This allows players to piece together entrance parts, pyro, lighting effects, and more until players have their ultimate entrance prepared for their CAW.
- Here's a look at all the new creation parts added courtesy of Smacktalks:
- Take a look at all the new moves added to WWE 2K23, courtesy of The 101:
- Here's a look at women's creation suite options from Nemesis Lacroix:
- During an interview with Screen Rant, WWE 2K23's Creative Director Lynell Jinks and Associate Gameplay Producer Bryan Williams updated fans on how cutscenes will work in Universe Mode in the upcoming game.
"With Universe, there's some huge improvements that we made there to help tell the story and give users even more control than they've already had, which is crazy to think about," said Jinks. "You can have actions that you want certain superstars to perform before a match, like, 'Okay, I want Bobby Lashley to shake hands with MVP before the match, but at the last second, I want him to just punch him.' Like, those are actions that you can actually assign to that match and watch those cutscenes play out and see how that kind of dictates your rivalry.
- Fans can learn more about the DLC packs for WWE 2K23 here.
- Nemesis Lacroix: WWE 2K23: Main Menu, Overalls, and More.
- Get a full breakdown of the Showcase Mode here.
- RevELLEution: WWE 2K23: All Women's Entrances:
- Check out a breakdown of the WWE 2K23 soundtrack.
- Per the RevELLEution, Maxxine Dupri may not be in the game, but she does have unique manager entrance animations.
Per Smacktalks, Check these brand new WWE 2K23 tag team entrances showcasing some of this year's new entrances for The Usos (Championship Entrance), Alpha Academy (Chad Gable & Otis), Imperium (Gunther & Ludwig Kaiser), Maximum Male Models (Mansoor & Mace), The Creed Brothers (Julius Creed & Brutus Creed) and The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods).
- Per PhoenixNitro, WWE 2K23 has made massive changes to AI logic.
If you're a fan of the Fire Pro franchise, we FINALLY have AI Logic in WWE 2K games. This feature is ABSOLUTELY game-changing for AI matches. You can tweak almost EVERY aspect of what a superstar does in a match now.— Love, Phoenix. (@PhoenixNitro) March 7, 2023
An example, I turned Omos' dives off to a zero and his… https://t.co/kkyHzoH2AH pic.twitter.com/jOqDe2naL9
- Fightful will soon be releasing an interview with 2K producer Bryan Williams.
- The standard edition of WWE 2K23 is set to release on Friday, March 17, 2023, and it will be available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series XS, Xbox One, and PC.
- In a recent interview, the WWE 2K23 discussed how the looming release of AEW Fight Forever drives their team to be stronger. More information is available here.
- Follow and subscribe to Fightful's Twitch channel for gaming streams and more