Here is your fight-size update for Wednesday, February 10th, 2021:
- New York state will allow large stadiums and arenas, such as Citi Field and Madison Square Garden, to reopen for sports and concerts later this month, with sharply limited capacity and other measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, any stadium that can fit more than 10,000 people can stage events at 10 capacity beginning on Tuesday, February 23. The Barclay Center in Brooklyn New York, which has become a favorite for WWE, has already received approval to host a basketball game on that day.
- Speaking with Sportskeeda, Damian Priest stated that a match between himself and Karrion Kross on WWE main roster television.
“Absolutely, I'm looking forward to a rematch. Just based on who we are as human beings, as competitors. It's inevitable that we're gonna clash again and I look forward to it. Look, he's somebody that's been, since he got in, everybody has had high praise and looked at him as 'okay, big things will come' and then you end up with him and you get it. I was in there with him and we're trading blows and I was like okay I get it. So yeah, I look forward to, you know, from the outside looking and just seeing his success and watching him grow in this business. He'll be fine, to say the least. I look forward to once again at some point mixing up with him."
Currently, Priest has appeared on Monday Night Raw as a friend to Bad Bunny, who may be working a match at WrestleMania.
- In a new interview with Inside The Ropes, Toni Storm reveals that this year’s Royal Rumble Match was the first time that she had actually wrestled in an empty arena because NXT has a limited capacity audience inside of the Capitol Wrestling Center.
“I’m grateful that we’ve got people in the building. It’s awesome. I think the Royal Rumble, just recently, was the first ever empty arena I have ever done. So I was lucky enough to dodge all the empty arena shows. NXT, it’s great. I love that there’s people there because that’s why I do this, at the end of the day, is to perform in front of people and it’s cool having people in there. It at least feels a little bit normal, even though they’re locked away in their little pods with their masks on. Who would have thought we would ever see the day that happened?! But here we are.”
- Speaking with Dayton 24/7, Apollo Crews commented on potentially winning gold and Roman Reigns being his dream opponent.
"Having gold for me, it's definitely something I look forward to," Crews said. "You get a taste of it and you want more and more."
Regarding facing Roman Reigns, Apollo Crews says he enjoys the way that Roman elevates everyone he works with.
"It'd have to be me and Roman Reigns. It'd have to be that one," Crews said. "Whoever he's in there with, he elevates and brings to the next level."
- Ahead of their first airing of tonight's MLW FUSION, the promotion has announced that Josef Samael will be airing a “propaganda” video on the program tonight.
Moments ago CONTRA Unit released a video league officials are calling a “propaganda video.”
MLW.com has learned the video reveals pertinent information pertaining to Hammerstone… and Mads Krügger’s whereabouts. “The Black Hand of CONTRA” vanished into the dark after a deceptive attack involving a decoy during last week’s Baklei Brawl.
Given the details in the video, league officials will allow the video, which features Josef Samael, to air on tonight’s episode of FUSION.
Tune in at 7pm ET to see what CONTRA Unit reveals.
- Check out the AEW pre-show in the video below.
- Carlito will be the guests on this week's episode of WWE After the Bell with Corey Graves.
Grab an apple (and head to Apple Podcasts) as former Intercontinental, United States and WWE Tag Team Champion Carlito drops in on WWE After the Bell for its coolest episode yet.
Fresh off his dynamic return in the 2021 Men’s Royal Rumble Match, Carlito sits down with Corey Graves and Vic Joseph to talk about his 2010 WWE release, his time on the independent wrestling circuit, the reason why he had unfinished business in WWE and what it meant to step inside the WWE ThunderDome for Royal Rumble and Monday Night Raw the following night.
WWE After the Bell drops every Thursday. Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
- In an interview with SEN, Indi Hartwell commented on main roster aspirations.
"I'd definitely love to give it a crack at RAW or SmackDOwn in the future, but I feel like at the moment I have so much to accomplish in NXT. Obviously winning the NXT Women's Championship would be a huge goal of mine."
- WWE stock today closed at $46.68
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select for exclusive news, access to podcasts, early access to articles, and more.