Here's a Fight Size Update for the final night of the G1 Climax 28 tournament.
- The embedded video above is Pro Wrestling Unlimited's review and recap of the final night of action for the 2018 G1 Climax tournament.
- Tomoaki Honma continued his reboot in New Japan as he was on the winning side of things today. His team consisting of Michael Elgin and Togi Makabe defeated Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino and Ayota Yoshida who recently returned from excursion.
- Taichi made his return to NJPW after being out for a great portion of the G1 Climax 28. He and Takashi Izuka picked up a victory over YOSHI-HASHI and the current NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto.
- The logo for Wrestle Kingdom 13 was revealed.
- Cody and Adam "Hangman" Page defeated David Finlay and the IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Champion Juice Robinson. Cody added his name to the list of potential challengers to Juice's U.S. Heavyweight Title when he pinned Juice and following the match "The American Nightmare" had a few choice words for the champ.
- Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa and Taiji Ishimori defeated The Young Bucks and Marty Scurll for the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championships. The match was originally scheduled to be a regular six-man tag but Tanga Loa convinced his opposition to put the straps on the line. Following the match Tama Tonga tossed the Six-Man Tag Titles at NJPW President Harold Meij to make it known that he nor his fellow champions care about those titles.
- Tomohiro Ishii continued to stake his claim to an IWGP Heavyweight Championship match. Ishii handed Kenny Omega his first loss in this year's G1 and following both men's six-man tag encounter today, Ishii stepped to Omega and made it clear that he wants a shot at the title. During Omega's post match press conference, he did not shy away from another bout with "The Stone Pitbull".
- Rey Mysterio made his return to NJPW and teamed with KUSHIDA and a masked individual named 'Pro Wrestling Sengoku Enbu' who turned out to be Rysuke Taguchi in new ring gear. Mysterio's team picked up the victory as they defeated Kazuchika Okada and 'Roppongi 3K'. Okada is back to wearing his rainmaker gear and during Okada's post-match press conference, he announced that Gedo will no longer be managing him and it is time for both men to move on although they will always be CHAOS.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Kota Ibushi in a 30+ minute match to win his third G1 Climax tournament and now Tanahashi is set for an IWGP Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 13. In the corner of Tanahashi was Katsuyori Shibata and in Kota's corner was the IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega.